Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Right. If you smoke no insurance, drink no health insurance, eat to much no health insurance, too old no health insurance, too young no health insurance. See where I am going. Who decides? If you leave it up the insurance companies only healthy white female lesbians 16-25 would be covered...White males drive poorly counts them out. Black males get murdered more often...Hetorsexuals would be too risky.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If a rider shows up at an ER with severe injuries, the hospital has to treat him regardless of his insurance or lack of it and then be forced to collect thru a collection agency if necessary. Maybe anyone purchasing a motorcycle should be made to post a bond of say $50,000 to cover uninsured injuries to protect the hospital. Nothing like personal responsibility.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yep that would do it :) Excellent Point. I think most folks just assume their employer sponsered health plan will cover them, I did. My wife, being a smart and careful consumer, didn't assume anything. That's why I carry more insurance. It sucks but...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.