Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
"I can't wait for Honda to give us a big bore V-twin sport bike."

...like the RC51? Or the Superhawk?

I think you made a typo. I assume you mean "sport cruiser", where I would counter by saying that the VTX is to heavy and long to be a sport cruiser--it's a power cruiser (like the Valkyrie and the Magna).

What Honda should do to make a sport cruiser is take a VTR1000 engine, tune for a bit more torque but keep it somewhat revvy and powerful, and put it in a chassis that looks like a Sportster or W650 or Thunderbird or CB750 (the original, not the 1990s Nighthawk). Make the frame strong, the suspension good, and the brakes up to the task. And make it look classic at the same time (sort of a 60's sportbike look). I'll buy one.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The only reason HD would have sold more $ of bikes is because their bikes are overpriced for the performance you get.

Number of units matter more than $ when it comes to industry dominance. If Honda sells two Shadow 1100s and HD sells one big-twin, both companies make the same amount of cash. Yet you've got two people on the street on Hondas and only one person on the street with a HD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts