Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the Cycle World article. It's not a traditional V4 that's for sure. One bank of cylinders sits much higher than the other.

There's a lot of creative thinking going on here. Whether it sees the light of day is another matter.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Looks like a nice engineering feat, but let's wait until it shows up on a track before calling it a contender. Plus, the dude's name isn't that tough. It it pronounced "chez", so it would be 'motochez'. There was a boxing champ named Bobby Czysz, so I remember how it was pronounced.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Yep I read some of it while watching my Broncos lose to the Chargers. The offset V with twon counter rotationg cranks seems to be over engineered for a race bike. Just my opinion. Though I can see the advanages to it. I like the two shock hybird thing in back. 4 cylinders is good i.e. no V-Twin hacks.

Good out of the box thinking. I like what he said about not getting in a contest of refining existing designs with the Japanese. I wish him luck. This country does have the engineering talent to compete. However, given that Harvard MBAs dominate corporations in the U.S., I think this country lacks the financial will to compete..... It has to be someone like him outside the system to do it. I hope he can get the financial backing to pull it off...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think according to the article this guy likes his name pronounced Sizz like sizzle.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Ah, yes. I remember Bobby Czysz. Thanks for the tip. Boy, it's still a bad name, though. And still mighty difficult for most people to figure out the proper pronunciation.

And I'm not willing to call it a contender for anything yet, either, much less MotoGP. That's why there's a question mark at the end of the title.

You're right, let's see it on the track.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Intriguing. Too bad it sounds like an old CL175 with ratty mufflers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Funding

Apparently this guy made his money as interior designer to the stars; he's worked with entertainment types like Lenny Kravitz.

So maybe he has the contacts to get funded. It's one hell of an uphill battle there; if deep pockets Proton can't fund the KR to a podium, it would be positively Brittenesque if Michael Czysz could do it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
So with 2 crankshafts does that mean it technically has 2 engines?

Fascinating, I love when someone tries a truly new design. The longitudinal layout makes for compact packaging. Traditionally, the side-effect of that layout is the engine torque upsetting the balance of the bike, but they've eliminated that by having counter-rotating cranks.

The dual shock design helps them engineer in some lateral suspension movement ie when the bike is leaned over. I think Yamaha was experimenting with this a while back on their motogp ride.

I would love to see more.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Free buzglyd!

He's being held at Guantanomo by some Kooky family claiming they've been had in a health insurance scam.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
"So with 2 crankshafts does that mean it technically has 2 engines?"

Interesting question. They call helicpoters with twin cranks and twin turbine twins. Seems like God's ultimate layout a 90 degree V-4 would of produced a simple yet narrow design. See KTM post above.

The Great One's engine preference.*

1. V-4

2. Boxer 4

3. Inline 4

4 Boxer Twin

5. Boxer 6

5. 90 degree V-Twin

6. Single

7. 45 degree V-Twin.

*Give to KPaul by God via a burning bush I mean burning Dunlop...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: Funding

Actually, I think it's his son who started a Chicago-based Architecture firm that also does product design (like the Lenny Kravitz guitar). But, as you say, it looks like they did more glorified interior design stuff. I read the son has left the firm to join the MotoGP project full-time.

I'm sure they're probably shopping for a big corporate sponsor (or sponsors) to get this thing really going. That's probably why they went and built a very finished-looking prototype. It'll be a tough sled, but who knows?

·
Registered
955 Posts
So, does that make the bike a motorsizzle or a motorsizzcycle?

Bet ya there’s gonna be some very strangely alliterated copy when this one comes out…"Surveying said snapshots, and sizing-up said sizzlecycle, cynical secret surveys surmise something strangely sinister" said SuperCylcle's, sneaky-super-snoop, Sneed Snavley.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: KR is using KTM engine now.

It's not prophet. It's prophylactic as in "Nostrilitis the Great Prophylactic."

1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.