Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AMA protects your right to ride. We fight bike bans, land closures, health-care discrimination against motorcyclists, and more. Plus, the AMA is committed to providing the best benefits possible for its members to save them time and money. We are also dedicated to amateur racing, providing amateur competitors and their families, friends and fans with exciting and enjoyable racing events that create lifelong memories. We also publish American Motorcyclist magazine, which focuses on the accomplishments of our members in all forms of riding, whether it's racing, cross-country touring or trail riding. The AMA is dedicated to all these things, and more. After all, we love to ride.

American Motorcyclist: The Official Site of the American Motorcyclist Association

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
The AMA is undergoing some pretty big changes. I like what I'm seeing; the organization had become (according to it's current leadership) mostly a Mid-Western bike club, with a big presence in racing. They are changing their focus to motorcyclist rights and advocacy, which I think is their most valuable role. The magazine has gotten a lot better the past couple of years as well.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
The whole helmet law fight cost them a lot of credit, I hope they don't f*ck the duck on the loud pipe issue as well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's about education and choice, it's your head. As far as loud pipes go they're not your ears. My neighbor wanted to extend his bike track onto my land where I ride. under nomal circumstances it probably would not have been a problem. But every Sunday morning his unbaffled pipes are shaking my coffee across the table. I don't complain,but What do you think I told him about his extended track? What if I was a nonrider? I'd probably be crying like a starving baby! Calling the cops trying to make dirt riding illegal. You have to consider the people around you. Ignorance is not always bliss. The AMA is right! I do wish they handled racing better though.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Yes, well the AMA seems lately like some Nigerian ex-offical who wants to send you big $$$ if you buy a raffle ticket for D!ck Mann's ex-BSA 500. I get hooked every time...

And where's my trophy for my 3rd place finish at Perris in 1987? Never got it. Don't say GBR was at fault either, 'cause it was an AMA sancioned race. You crazies.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Ooops, Motonaught's avitar looks surprisingly like Speedcops, who was in fact RedRyder, Emeraldcityrider, et al...just no biodiesel rants and we'll be in biznezz.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No it's just some poster I copied and pasted. I haven't won a raffle or a race! My 18 year old nephew almost made me puke yesterday it was hard keep'n up! in fact I didn't

·
Registered
730 Posts
AMA is on my S... List

After the way Dingman handled the AMA/AHRMA situation i can hardly look at their logo without getting pissed. He basically f...ed 5000 enthusiasts to cow tow to a rich lawyer. If this is the kind of intestinal fortitude we can expect when dealing with Biker rights, we be in deep doo-doo. I guess I'll get over it but right now IAINTHAPPY!!!!
And wont be until WAY after Mid Ohio,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
After losing millions to Edmunson, can you blame him?

How much credibility did the AMA lose over that mess?

Dingman just manned up and cut the AMA's losses. Ianucci's got lots of disposable income, and a huge ego.

·
Registered
26 Posts
After the way Dingman handled the AMA/AHRMA situation i can hardly look at their logo without getting pissed. He basically f...ed 5000 enthusiasts to cow tow to a rich lawyer. If this is the kind of intestinal fortitude we can expect when dealing with Biker rights, we be in deep doo-doo. I guess I'll get over it but right now IAINTHAPPY!!!!
And wont be until WAY after Mid Ohio,,,,,,,,
What happened with the vintage guys? I'm headed out to Mid Ohio this year for my first VMD.
Is it true they have also droped Hill climbs?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
What happened with the vintage guys? I'm headed out to Mid Ohio this year for my first VMD.
Is it true they have also droped Hill climbs?
Hooo Boy!

AHRMA and AMA have parted ways. AMA capitulated to the demands of the lawsuit started by Rob Ianucci specifically to bankrupt AHRMA. AMA is now running VD at Mid-Ohio. They are looking for club support for all aspects of competition there.

AHRMA not advertising their next move. VD and Daytona are the two big money-making events for them.

I can't get to the proper forums from my work computer, so do a search for "Vintage Motorcycle Racing Forums" and you'll find lots of discussion.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
How many helmet laws got overturned? it cost political credit every time we loose a fight. next time around our enemies are emboldened because they beat us once, they figure they can do it again.

It looks like they've come up with some reasonable policies on noise at least so hopefully we can fight these bike bans in some towns. The word seems to be getting out about super loud pipes anyway.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.