Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: An R1 Motor in a Jet Ski

About five years ago I saw a Watercraft Magazine article about a Sea Doo with a GSXR engine in it.

I just dont know if those motors can take the constant load-high RPM abuse without major mods to internals??? DrEvil

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: No, you got it!

You'd do better with a snowmobile motor (a la Tularis :)...the watercraft motors are quite heavy, while the sled motors are much lighter given the same displacement. I for one would love a 700cc 2-stroke twin or triple in a streetbike, except for the fact that they present a huge vibration problem in that sort of application.

-a nominal squid-

·
Registered
282 Posts
Re: No, you got it!

yeah, there was a carbon fiber framed 583 rotax/bombadier motored streetfighter looking thing in Twistgrip magazine. 310 pounds and hayabusa power level, with a CVT drive. The same guy made a feet forward version too. I like the way the jet ski motors look though, do they have transmissions? Looks kinda like a modernized GT750. I'd make a chopper out of it (I said lighter, not better).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.