Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would you buy a house there if you were a HD person. Do you want the exercise from pushing a huge chrome monster a half a mile? See what the loud pipe folks have brought upon us. Now we're being increasingly stereotyped as loud outlaws. Heck, in my subdivision the president of our association commended me recently for driving such a quiet motorcycle. (BMW with a catalytic converter and stock exhaust) The greater the number of accountants and school teachers who try to be Peter Fonda on the weekends, the greater the number of people who unfairly hate motorcyclists.

I also don't care for squids, green beans, Honda automobiles, Democrats, rap music, boxer shorts, Compaq computers, light beer, hairy women, and pretty much anything with Madonna in it.

These are only my viewpoints. I've been wrong before, just ask my wife.

Take care,

Dave

·
Registered
45 Posts
What a ****ty community, Sounds like a good place to take a vaction to and do some whellies and burnouts, That dude should take his pipes off and ride it around there, Then they would have something to cry about.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey Dave ~ I guess the most amazing thing is that I agree with about everything but the Honda automobiles! Whata'ya got against 'em?

They stay together pretty well, hold their value, and some of 'em are pretty fund to drive (S2000)!

·
Registered
149 Posts
When purchasing a property, one is often required to agree to deed restrictions that limit what one can do with the property in question. If one doesn't like the deed restrictions on a property, then then one shouldn't buy the property. Whether this is fair or not is certainly arguable but once the agreement is signed, it's binding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is true when one first moves into a restricted community. I have found, however, that the elected officials of these communities often add new rules after one has moved there.

I am the current Deputy Trustee of a private community (more of a 'Deliverence' quality neighborhood than an elite one). We are constantly arguing over new rules -- more restrictions on existing owners, that some wish for vehemently while others resist.

Several years ago the members wished to restrict ATV's. Another time to permit dogs and cats but no horses, pigs or sheep (cows were not mentioned).

While I agree that at purchase time, the owner was free to choose the restrictions in place, perhaps time has eroded the freedoms of that period.

M

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'm sure the Highwayman would have something to say about this sad story. True red blooded God fearing Harley riding Americans don't live in gated communities subject to the fascist rules of buffoons. Can you possibly imagine pushing your Road King a half-mile in and out of your subdivision?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Wow, just like I posted on the AMA vs. EPA discussion. The louder you are, the more voters you pi$$ off. The more Voters you pi$$ off, the more laws are created against us.

We are a minority if you havent noticed. Pi$$ off the Majority and we become extinct. Think about that the next time you fire up your uncorked bike. While it may be music to our ears, its not to the majority of people. Its just noise and a lot of it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If I buy a house knowing that there's a deed restriction that does not allow me to wear pink boxers, and I subsequently am given pink boxers for my birthday and wish to wear them, I wouldn't just sell my house as a result without a fight.

People change, and new hobbies are assumed. Why should a new motorcyclist be forced to pick up and move just because there's an unfair deed restriction that didn't matter to him at the time he agreed to it.

Unreasonable rules should be subject to appeal. And real men shouldn't be afraid to wear pink boxers.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Excellent point. Folks just don't seem to get it that motorcyclists are viewed unfavorably by most cagers. Give em any excuse loud pipes, dirty pipes, etc., and they will hate us more.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Gated Community has the wrong solution to the problem

You make an excellent point. Folks ask the guy down the street, a Harley rider, why his bike is much louder compared to mine. He tells them his bike is safer. OK but good thing this guys does not ride very much or folks would clamor for a noise ordinance. I think if the community is concerned about noise, they should have a noise ordinance i.e. posted dB range. That way folks who have quiet bikes will not be affected. Harley guys will have to get real mufflers like the rest of us. Noise ordinances are nothing new. My dad had to take the glass packs off his Camaro because of a noise ordinance. He got used to it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have nothing against people who choose to drive Honda autos. They have just always struck me as being the automotive equivalent of the washing machine. They always work, will do the job you ask, you'll have no fun doing it, and they have no for lack of a better word soul.

Take care,

Dave

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Gated Community has the wrong solution to the problem

Motorcycle riding is like any other skill, perfect practice makes perfect performance. If a person rides infrequently he is not going to be as skilled in avoiding potential danger areas or saving his butt in a panic situation as a rider who rides more frequently. The loudness of his exhaust does not enter into the equation. Except if he is trying to compensate for something else. You can of course substitute she for he anywhere above.

Take care,

Dave

·
Registered
180 Posts
Your quote:

I also don't care for squids, green beans, Honda automobiles, Democrats, rap music, boxer shorts, Compaq computers, light beer, hairy women, and pretty much anything with Madonna in it.
Quite the curmudgeon you are. It doesn't surprise me one bit that someone who would single out rap music as an object of disgust even though it's obviously not an art form that's even remotely directed at him would also dislike Democrats.

Republicans and close-mindedness seem to go together like Madonna and promiscuity.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Time for Florida Steve to go out and buy the loudest, purplest, smokiest, rattiest '63 Chebby he can find, dingleballs and all, and after driving this around the "community" for a while, offer to trade mounts for his nice, quiet, Sportster. And if that doesn't work, there's always the old spark-plug-in-the-muffler trick.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
>>Unreasonable rules should be subject to appeal. And real men shouldn't be afraid to wear pink boxers.<<

Damn straight! The fathers of our country (or their forefathers) knew that they were moving to an English colony when they moved to America, but that did not stop them finally getting pissed about the rules enough to toss the tea in the harbor! Objecting to stupid, unreasonable homeowners' association rules is not so different from objecting to taxation withour representation.

And you are right about the pink boxers -- "real men" don't give a rats ass what other people think real med would do/wear/drive/ride etc!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.