·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Can't wait to hear from the DSRT.

All one of him.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
I attribute this to the Ducati's unfair 0-cc displacement advantage.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Nah, this item has already dropped to third. But if we ask MO nicely, maybe they'll hold off posting any more news items until at least tomorrow. Then we can have a nice little sh!tstorm.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"Geez, Shizuki, I need some help here.. my sarcasm attempt was completely stomped.

Any advice?"

Try using the word "really" a lot, and put it in italics, with some extra l's. Like this:

"I think kpaul is realllllly on target with this. He's a realllllly logical guy with a realllllly firm grasp of reality. Realllllly."

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"I got a real good feeling about the 1098"

Same here. A horrible mistake has been corrected.

Funniest thing I've read is Catterson's editorial in Motorcyclist. For years, MC editors having been chugging Terblanche's Kool-Aid, but this comment took the cake:

"Taglioni, Tartarini, Tamburini, Terblanche: Talent starts with a T. Ducati fans bow their heads when they speak the names of these revered designers."

WTF?!? Terblanche? I defy you to name me one Ducati-phile who ever bowed his head at the mention of Terblanche who wasn't vomiting blood.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: I'll give it a shot.....

How do Gen-Y'ers feel about it?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Same thing, but with a finger up your a**.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: I'll give it a shot.....

"Any community that uses the word "skeptic" as a pejorative is more dogmatic and religous than inquisitive and scientific."

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"Do you know what a Supermono is?"

OK, there's one nice Terblanche design. And very Tamburini-like.

"Hypermotard"

Ugly.

"MH900"

Ugly.

"S2R and S4R Monsters"

That's a Galuzzi design with different pipes.

"900SS"

Hideously fugly.

"the Desmosedici"

Generic.

"the Paul Smart, the GT & Sport 1000s"

Retro designs. How hard is that? And the tank on the PS and Sport is hideous.

"Multistrada."

Aw, c'mon, now I know this post is a put-on.

Jeez, this is about as well thought-out a post as your "we'll be pining for $3.00/gallon gas by August '06"

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"the fact that a bunch of Italian guys found an Italian bike the most beautiful ain't exactly a surprise."

And the fact a bunch of American riders voted against the 999 with their wallets tells me all I need to know about the "phukking brilliant" designs of Pierre Terblanche.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts