Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'll give it a shot.....

Bayliss had no choice but to wear the full-face helmet required by WSB while he was piloting a V-twin motorcycle equipped with lifesaving loud pipes that are illegal in all fifty states!

Howzat?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"I got a real good feeling about the 1098"

Same here. A horrible mistake has been corrected.

Funniest thing I've read is Catterson's editorial in Motorcyclist. For years, MC editors having been chugging Terblanche's Kool-Aid, but this comment took the cake:

"Taglioni, Tartarini, Tamburini, Terblanche: Talent starts with a T. Ducati fans bow their heads when they speak the names of these revered designers."

WTF?!? Terblanche? I defy you to name me one Ducati-phile who ever bowed his head at the mention of Terblanche who wasn't vomiting blood.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Would you like the base model or the S- Buz. Remember all you have to do is call me, put a $500 deposit down and get in line. We have 5 pre-ordered base model and 8 S models. I figure you're a Tri guy though- right? You would look right at home on an Italian colored collector bike.

BTW, the ST3S is in.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: I'll give it a shot.....

How do Gen-Y'ers feel about it?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Same thing, but with a finger up your a**.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Re: I'll give it a shot.....

How about a little fill in the blank.

To ____ in a handbasket.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Bayliss and apples to apples

I believe there will always be racing for twins. I feel in general, especially for the less skilled racers, and i'm one of them, a twin is easier to race. For example, you generally don't lose a bunch of places because you missed a shift like you can with an I-4, especially of the 600cc variety.

I think Bayliss is the best racer in World Superbike.

I think its great ducati succeeds in this series.

its still imprtant when trying to logically establish the superiority of an engine configuration to consider the following fact in SBK:

Since 2004, to balance out the performance of the various engine configurations, differentiated levels of preparation have been permitted. Twins and triples up to 900 cc are allowed to change all the rotating parts in the engine (meaning that only the crankcase, cylinder heads, cylinder blocks and the number of cylinders must remain the same as on the standard bikes). Four cylinder machines are required to use a larger number of roadgoing components (including the crankshaft, and valvegear, etc.).

It's all about a level playing field within a class, and not in my opinion that twins are superior to I-4s. Or the I-4s are superior to twins.

Some folks love to race and ride twins. Others prefer I-4. And then at the professional level you ride what you can get paid to ride.

I wonder if there might be something about the twins power delivery that is better with the Pirellis, but I doubt it. I think Bayliss just gets his bike.

He is the best in the series.

I wish CE had gone back to the series to renew the rivalry one last year. That woulda been cool.

And i would love a 1098 despite how I feel about racing ducs. Now if she who must be obeyed could be convinced.

regards

ed

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Obviously an inappropriate use of facts/data as such a thing can not be true....

I've got some serious oak in the pants for a ten ninety eight myself. Too bad my right knee can't be bent that far. Maybe when I get the bionic knee farkel installed in a year or two....

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It's the Ray Ban's, huh?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah. i expect someone to point out the apparent flaw in the displacement language. You could read it to include both twins and trips, but only up to 900cc due to the unfortunate use of the "and". But SBK allows twins up to 1000cc. And the mods that go with it.

At 50 i understand the knee issue too. What is it about aching knees that doesn't even fix itself when you get off the bike? You still hobble around for 30 minutes or so.

The early reviews i've seen on the 1098 say it is more comfy than the 999 which was more comfy than the 916/96/98. Progress. Which was more comfy than an 888, believe it or not, which was more comfy than say a 1980 750ss, which for my money takes the cake if you factor out the John Player Norton, which makes you weep just looking at it.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts