Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Cut the feet off of a pair of leather boots and viola!! Instant arm chaps!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think Mr. Bayliss would be in the top 10 on a 650 BSA lightning mk 4 (anyone remember those???) it was my first bike, and only cost 1100 bucks!!! brand spankin new in 1969

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
My apologies, my clue content is down considerably.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Since it's near Japan I'd be more worried about whether it has radioactive breath and has designs on urban development in Tokyo.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Thanks

Excellent Point good use of facts. Yes I know you were being a smart ass and sarcastic... But you made my point...Thanks.. Look at all the posts it generated.. Nicely done Krebbie

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
No apologies needed.. :) Your secret is safe with me..

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: I'll give it a shot.....

And it's all Bush's fault. The world was perfect until he came along......

·
Registered
530 Posts
Saw and sat on one at the International Motorcycle Show in San Mateo last weekend. The bike was sexy as all get-out, though the ergos didn't fit me -- which seemed to be response of almost everyone I saw sit on it. There is almost no clearance when the bars are full left/right, but on the track that's not a problem. Strangely, the S4R called to me more.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Re: I'll give it a shot.....

Ah come on now, there's plenty of blame to go around. The whole system is broke, both sides of the aisle. The Citizenry can't avoid all blame. This Countries future seems to be going from recently bright to grim. Why does our standard of living continue to fall in relation to the rest of the World with near record productivity? Is this all according to the "Neo-Cons" "plan"? At least ridiculously rich people are getting richer.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
No, what it means is that there will be an 1100 or 1200 V-2 next year. The rules are almost certain to change to allow twins up to 200cc more displacement.

Ducati claims it has no plans for a V-4 Superbike or a massed-produced road-going V-4. Of course, that could all change, but that's what they say now.

You will see the Aprilia V-4 racebike in '08, though.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Re: Bayliss and apples to apples

Whenever an engine configuration has any "equal opportunities" factor to support it, well, you think about it.

However, the engine development going forward as it does, if they kept the 1000cc limit, in some years time 1 cylinder configuration would exceed the needs of the optimal lap.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I'm thinking about one, myself. I've got to get a test on one though because it's going to have to be a passable (barely) all-rounder for it to make any sense for me.

Or do I just go out and get the Daytona 675 and keep my 955i, too?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Read an interview with the Ducati Head Honcho, Claudio Domenicali, and he said it would take at least four years for the MotoGP technology to start trickling down to the street but that it would(basically)! I know how I interpret that...

41 - 60 of 83 Posts