Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Isn't it amazing that they think they're going to snare investors with that *****-poor presentation?

For better or for worse, people will judge the bike and company at least partially based on that web site.

The problem: I'm pretty sure there are no marketing guys or gals, and the engineering "department" is probably the two guys who built the bike.

Jeez, you don't have to spend a ton of money to look credible. A good designer could have whipped up a site that was 1000 times better than that in one or two days.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I never buy a bike based on the opinion of some reviewer who is only concerned with track performance. I ride on the street and the stiff suspensions of the replicas are simply inadequate. The SV is an excellent streetbike/sporttourer. I'd certainly rather ride an SV through the pothole infested mountian roads of Utah than a 999.

If you don't frequent the Burger Barn then who cares how it stacks up against CBRYZGSXZXRRRRRRRRRs? While they're comparing stats I'm riding.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Not Necessarily...

Given comparable frames, I'd almost always be willing to take a 15% horsepower deficit for the tractability of a V-twin. For me, it’s not an issue of which one is better; it’s a matter of what I’m comfortable with. It’s much easier finding the sweet spot of the rev-range when exiting a corner on a V-Twin, than it is on an in-line four. Besides, being old and lazy, I’m not always up for rowing my gearbox; and since V-Twins are more forgiving about engine speed, we tend to get along just fine. And, with subjects ranging from God-knows-what to who-the-Hell-cares, constantly running through my head, I much-prefer having one-less thing to think about.

In closing (and in reality) saying one is better than the other is like saying the Hulk can beat-up Spider Man. They don’t exist, and neither does my talent for riding any modern sport bike to it’s full potential, so why bother.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Ain't That The Truth!

Just for the Hell of it, I sent Roehr that tag-line/positioning statement (who knows, maybe I'll get a t-shirt).

The problem is, engineers tend not to deal well with intangibles, while creatives tend not to deal well with actual stuff. Consequently, they each end-up looking at the other like they're an alien life form.

Me, I say put 'em in a garage with an assortment of spray-paint and a bong; whatever comes out, use it!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Re: Another American Success in the Making: Roeh?

No comment on working too hard, but as a Caltech graduate, I'll recomment it anyhow. It's where I learned to ride a motorcycle (see, you can learn more than astrophysics or molecular biology) from a technician in our group. He was a former AMA racer, but had a falling out with his sponsor.

He recommended that I buy a BSA, but I got a Yamaha YDS2 instead..

61 - 68 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.