Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The V2C looks like it got too close to a black hole.

This new bike stuff reminds me of the PC boom of the 80s and the dotcom boom. Everybody has to jump in. Many will wash out but it sure is great to have so many choices.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Neither Here nor There

If the bikes are designed to "there" standards, it must mean that they'll have to be retrofitted to meet "here" standards before they can be sold in the United States.

(Or maybe some press release writers need to work on *their* grammatical skills.)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Oh, It's Larger...

A lot. In fact, it has the same dimensions as the GT650. So it's about 30 pounds heavier than the Ninjette and probably 4-5 less hp. Expect sub-90mph top speeds and a higher seat. It's a little more moeny as well, for the full-faired version.

Still, people are excited about this bike. Expect a full test.

-Gabe

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Re: Oh, It's Larger...

Hmm. According to the specs I found it comes in at 390 and the 250 ninja is 308...or something like that.

Beefy for such a "little" bike.

The higher seat height sounds good as the little ninja feels...well, little.

I remember they also offered a 250 naked version. Any chance of a review of that?

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
UM and Hyosung are selling Hyosung bikes through UM Dealer network type of stuff. UM make ONLY off-road and Duel- purpose models in the US. Everything over 200 cc that are street legal are produced by Hyosung.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Remember those silly-looking little "pot-metal" bikes with their funny manuals in the '60s from that Asian company... what was its name? Hondo?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
They are Hyosungs

At least the couple of bikes I saw in their ads. Rebadged GT 650s and 250s. I haven't looked at what else they're selling, but they must be rebadged something or others.

I'm was actually a little surprised that Hyosung would do a rebrand deal. They were supposed to be getting serious.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
...spells "um", what?

C'mon, gimme a hint..........

·
Registered
273 Posts
Buying Chinese products, especially higher priced things like motorcycles and cars, is the best thing you can do to accelerate the downfall of the USA. So if you are the person who hires illegal immigrants to cut your lawn because it costs less, go ahead and buy one of these bikes. Just think how great it will be to pay rent to the Chinese using your Social Security check!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.