Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Capitalism - An economic system in which the means of production and distribution are privately or corporately owned and development is proportionate to the accumulation and reinvestment of profits gained in a free market.

Free Market - A market economy based on supply and demand with little or no government control. A completely free market is an idealized form of a market economy where buyers and sells are allowed to transact freely (i.e. buy/sell/trade) based on a mutual agreement on price without state intervention in the form of taxes, subsidies or regulation.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Why in the world should HD cater for non cruiser folks?

HD build (arguably) the most sought after cruisers and do good business as is. Why screw around with a winning formula?

My VRSCR does not quite have 130 ponies, but I assure you it will do everything you K1200 does; with a lot more style that is.

BTW, Buell and HD are not the same company.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: Why in the world should HD cater for non cruiser folks?

Sigh … I do not believe I said the VRSCR would outperform any K1200; that statement originated in your infantile imagination.

Yes, some K1200s will probably be able to exceed all legal and sensible speed limits by higher margin than the VRSCR can. So what? If that was of any significance you can buy ricers costing 6K – 8K less than your K1200, which would drop it on its ass in each and every measurable performance parameter. But you didn’t buy your beemer because you have delusions of being Valentino Rossi did you?

The VRSCR performance will match (and exceed) the K1200 in some areas. The revolution motor produces 80% of its torque from as low as 3000 rpm. It is very suitable for both pedestrian and faster riding. Two up with about 40-50 pounds of luggage my VRSCR pulls hard from as little as 25mph in top gear. In 25 years of riding I have never come across such a user-friendly power plant. No four banger will deliver power like that.

My windscreen works great as is, why do I need to adjust? In summer I remove it (10 minute job). My lower saddle height is of way more value than some cheesy electric windscreen BS.

You need assistance on your brakes? Two finger pressure can lift my back wheel lifts off the ground, why do I need assistance? Why do I need ABS?

I normally plug in two heated jacket liners, two pant lines and two sets of gloves when the missus and I go for a ride in the cold. I am sure your radar (and heated hair curlers) will work fine on a Harley.

Keep your rocket suit. It goes well with curly hair …

Regards

BigDx.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Re: Why in the world should HD cater for non cruiser folks?

Ride safe dude.

Take it easy on the throttle - you won't need them ABS brakes so much then.

Regards

BigDx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts