Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Prolly 'cuz SVs don't make much money. Harley is smart enough to make bikes that rake in big profits.

Come on, where are the Harley haters? Already four posts and not one denouncing Harley for being an evil empire tricking lawyers and accountants into buying vibrating, oil leaking inferior air-cooled, pushrod engined motorcycles with incredibly low price/performance ratios.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: Another Record? Buy a 57 Chevy and make me happy.

What kind of R&D are you talking about? The completely new engine HD came out with in 1998/99? The constant small, actually functional improvements they make every year?

You must forget that Japanese companies, with the exception of full-on sportbikes and full-on non-80-class MX bikes, don't do that much actual R&D, especially on new engines. Jesus, I mean look how long Honda's been making the XR and Shadow lines without any changes. Both of those lines have been unchanged far longer than any HD model.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: Why Buells are sport bikes

250 GP bikes don't qualify for two of your three qualities- are they still sportbikes?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: The list goes on.....

You forgot the RG500 Gamma and RZ500, RZ350 (one of the best sportbikes ever made), any pre-millennium top of the line 600, and any pre-1995 top of the line 750.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: agree to disagree

If you really think a new Fat Boy shakes badly, or leaks oil, go right ahead with all the other morons who have never owned or ridden one.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: Scowl

Ooooooooo, good one. I'm sure Buzglyd is so jealous that you're able to pass him on a public road while riding a bike with 50 more hp. That's talent to be envied.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: plan of action

So we're supposed to leave because we don't agree with what some people say. You don't agree with everyone. That means you should leave too.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

A Fat Boy DOES have counterbalancers. You need to ride one or do some research before making blanket statements.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

30 grand? Go back and look- try 17 grand.

And you didn't ***** me off. It takes more than sheer ignorance to accomplish that.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: plan of action

By the way, I don't now and never have in my life owned a Harley, so I don't understand how I could possibly be part of the Harley faithful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts