Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Thank you Harley Boys.

[*]Thanks for making me another satisfied stockholder. [*]Thanks for buying overpriced bikes (way above the cost of making them) [*]Thanks for being loyal (like sheep) buyers of H-D apparel and accessories [*]Thanks for ignoring superior bikes built by Victory, Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Suzuki.[*] Thanks for buying a legend (a legend in how to market "vintage" bikes to aging baby boomers in the midst of midlife crisis's

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Did you read it all????let me count the ways (leak/cracks) the Buell Firebolt sucks

[*]I did become a little wary when our XB sprung a slow leak at its oil cooler fitting, and it got a little worse when I saw another XB12R with a similar oil leak. I brushed that off as a supplier problem and rationalized that it probably wasn’t endemic to all the XBs.

Other bad news

I got a little more worried when I loaded the Firebolt into the MCUSA van to return it and noticed a cast aluminum part at the front of the engine had a crack running two-thirds of the way through! Buell calls this part the "front isolator

[*]
"A rider’s vision can literally blur while waiting at a traffic light, and the trembling engine moves around so much that onlookers occasionally are frightened the big lump might jump out of the bike"

[*]"The engine occasionally coughs through the intake when cracking the throttle off-idle, especially when hot, and this hiccup once caused the bike to stall when trying to get underway from a stop light."

[*]"I cursed inside my helmet about the dearth of top-end power when wringing it out, and the clunky, Massey Fergusson gearbox was annoying as I snapped off upshifts and downshifts like I was riding a 600. "

[*] Trolling the Firebolt around town revealed a few other idiosyncrasies. That *****in’ looking side-exit exhaust outlet from the underslung muffler dumps hot exhaust at a rider’s left foot at a stop or when leaving a light, eventually making boots and pants smell like burned fuel. [*]While the fan may aid long-term durability, it is also an irritation as it whines like a trust-funder forced to work at Starbucks. Not only does the fan activate when riding slow, it also comes on as soon as the ignition is shut off, sounding like a warning system alarm or a small jet engine. [*]The unfinished (non-glossy) inner fairing panels look a bit cheap from the ****pit, and the plastic turn signal switch and bar control housings look and feel chintzy

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Another bad review for the new Firebolt (reality check)

Your inferior SDSU education is showing again

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Another Record? Buy a 57 Chevy and make me happy.

Price-Cost=Profit Suzy no problem there. But in H-D's case the Cost is only the price of labor and material since any (cough) R&D was paid for back in the 1950's So keep buying the motorcycle equivalent to a 57 Chevy. Please support by daughters' college fund.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
It's can only be love

You guys seem to be following me this time. smouch smouch. I like how that picture of the cracked mount shut Suzy's mouth up. Buz never fights for very long must be the A.D.D. problem he has. :)

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
You Rang???

Yes is still true that H-D days are numbered if they don't get more of the younger, minorities, and women to buy their product. Witness minority riders buying sportsbikes. Women buying small metric cruisers. By the way the newest, biggest dealer in Seattle is a Honda Dealer not Harley

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Why Buells are sport bikes

That cause Buells get their butts kicked by 600cc supersports. Once Buell can get to a sub 11 second quarter mile, run in some AMA races, get rid of the quirky handling then maybe we can call them sportbikes.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
2001 Ninja ZX-6R Quarte mile times Suzy

0-60 mph = 3.03 seconds *

0-100 mph = 6.79 seconds *

Quarter Mile 10.69 seconds @ 126.68 mph *

Top Speed 154 mph *

*Motorcycle Consumer News

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: I hope so because....

Where??? When I was in England I never saw a Harley once. Lots of Big-4 bikes.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Let's compare

Any time you want to compare IQ's, Mensa , SAT, GRE or GMAT scores let me know three stooges.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Best post here

Totally agree with you! I want to believe in the Buell thing so bad. However, you are absolutely right in order for HD to build a quality sportbike they would have to spend a lot of money and they won't do it. So we are stuck with sportbike wantabes like the Firebolt i.e. Quirky, slow, unreliable, unrefined pretenders.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: plan of action

<a href="http://news.motorcycle.com/comments.motml?op=showreply&tid=65314&sid=2449&pid=65211&mode=thread&order=1&thold=-1#65314"> Check this out by Hector 1</a

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: plan of action

<a href="http://news.motorcycle.com/comments.motml?op=showreply&tid=65314&sid=2449&pid=65211&mode=thread&order=1&thold=-1#65314"> Check this out by Hector 1</a

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Did you read it all????let me count the ways (leak/cracks) the Buell Firebolt suc

1 - 20 of 30 Posts