Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 135 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Re: Another Record? Buy a 57 Chevy and make me happy.

Heh heh. If you look further down you will see Kook claiming that any motorcycle that doesn't have a sub-11 second quarter mile isn't a sportbike.

I guess the owners of the Ducati Supersport 800s and Guzzi Lemans models are going to be surprised to discover that they are riding cruisers. I guess that also makes the new Suzuki GS500F a cruiser also.

We also discover that since Kook's 600 Ninja isn't capable of a sub-11sec quarter mile he is also riding a cruiser.

Someone should welcome Kook to the ranks of the brotherhood.

·
Registered
108 Posts
"I have a dream that one day H-D will design a bike that has in excess of 100 HP at the real wheel."

It's called the V-Rod.

"I have a dream that one day H-D will have fully adjustable suspension, tubeless tires and dual front disk brakes as standard equipment."

It's called the FXDX.

"I have a dream that one day H-D will design fuel injected water cooled V-Twins."

Again, the V-Rod.

"I have a dream that one day H-D will enter a bike into the Super Sport class."

For 2004 Buell will be racing the XB-R in AMA Formula Xtreme. Close enough for me.

"I have a dream that one day H-D will introduce a motorcycle and not just another Harley Davidson."

Why on earth should H-D make a motorcycle that is not a H-D? That's about the stupidest thing I've ever read. I wish I could ignore posts like this but stupidity cannot go unchallenged.

·
Registered
235 Posts
agree to disagree

Let's just all agree that:

a: Harleys are pieces of crap. Period. That includes Buell.

b: That's the way they will stay because they have a distinct and loyal customer base who don't want them to change.

It would be cool if Harley could build a competitive supersport bike, but, unless they throw billions at developing one, they will be forever playing catch-up. It wouldn't be profitable for them, and surpise!, Harley Davidson is a business whose primary goal is to make money. Nobody is forcing you to buy their crap, so don't. Keep blowing past them on your Japanese bikes which you know are infinitely better and cost less. Harley owners love their bikes and I admire that. Hey, ignorance is bliss.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Dot coms never made any software GET IT? That's why they are gone GET IT? They pissed away millions and produced NOTHING, GET IT? Are you ****ying stupid or what? Now you have gone beyond silly and ventured into ****ying stupid land. You never named one dotcom that produced anything, including software. NONE of the dotcoms sold software that I know, and I'm in the business! I love how you want to try to "teach" someone, when you don't know what the hell you are talking about. Software companies produce software, and dotcoms are service organizations, hence the name "DOT ****YING COM"!. Internet services, GET IT? Now go buy your FLH for $500 bucks or whatever your wet dream is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: On the subject of Buells....

I recently sold mine, what a relief. I owned a 2000 X1 Lightning. I had read a lot of bad things about Buells before buying this one. But, I bought it for well below value, and thought things could not that bad, right?

Wrong. I could go on and on about the troubles I had with mine, but regardless, they are not reliable and run like crap. Oh, did I mention that the shifting is horrible and electrical problems seem to never go away. Admittedly, I have never owned or ridden anything made in Milwaukee, before I bought the Lightning. I have ridden Japanese machines my whole life and now I know why. Building a motorcycle that runs reliably, shifts well, starts when the start button is pushed, etc. is not like building a stealth bomber....really sad that something seems to happen with Buells somewhere between there conception in Erik Buell's mind and the actual machine.

H

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
One MO Time

In case you didn't get what I said above:

Dotcom definition:

Todd Defren, managing director of high-tech public relations firm Sterling Hager's San Francisco office, tries to sort out this dotcom quagmire. "'dotcom' means a company that relies on eyeball traffic to the Web site in order to generate revenues and be viable," he says. "That model has not proven to be very effective, except for maybe the early pioneers like the Yahoo!s of the world that themselves are facing trouble."

Do we "get it" now?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
The list goes on.....

Other bikes that aren't sportbikes:

Ducati Supersport 800

Suzuki SV650

Suzuki SV1000

Suzuki GS500

Suzuki 600 Katana

Suzuki 750 Katana

Guzzi Lemans

Kawasaki 600 Ninja (Kook's bike)

Kawasaki EX500

Honda VFR

Honda Dream 50

Yamaha RD series

In fact most of the factory GP bikes of history like the old Norton singles or the Guzzi V-8 or Honda's and Yamaha's GP bikes of the 60's weren't sportbikes. Mike Hailwood won all those races on cruisers!!

Only about 10 real sportbikes have ever been built throughout history. All those supposed racers of the past, Phil Read, Jim Redman, **** Mann..... they were all posers!

Kook is truly insane.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: plan of action

Harley faithful need to understand that every motorcycle community feels your pain, whenever a Sport Bike shoots past a member of the Faithful he feels your pain, whenever a Metric cruiser cruises past a group of the Faithful posing at an approved posing palace he feels your pain, whenever a posse of Gold wingers cruise past without of wave they don’t wave out of sympathy they have for your shame.

You, the Faithful, can take this drastic action or continue down your path of denial. You can still believe that you are riding a motorcycle

Why this is necessary, take a look at the posts of the following, they deserve it and will not understand the tongue and cheek humor.

Lukam

Seruzawa

Longride

captainwhoopass

electraglider_1997

TatdNPrcd

aknopak

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Re: Scowl

Could be. Any proximity to Kook generally causes a sudden and precipitous reduction in IQ.

In any case the opinions of such squids are valuelss, since they never seem to live long enough to matter.

61 - 80 of 135 Posts