Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode the GT1000 home yesterday from GP in San Diego. What a blast of a motorcycle! The Termi pipes are loud as hell and the bike wants to wheelie in the lower gears due to the torque and upright riding position.

Antisocial 4 stroke or antisocial 2 stroke? Decisions, Decisions.

You can see I had to put a few newspapers under the Devil's Popcorn popper. The [email protected] leaks a little.

Attachments

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Ha!

That kinda talk just might get you a ride on one of em.

I'm flyin out to UT in October. I think our meeting is up in Snowbird.

You might have to leave the compound and have a beer. Ask your wives if it's ok.
I haven't asked permission in years. Just let me know in advance so I can deactivate the claymores.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Dag nabit, I told you how to fix that Pet...er..fuel valve. Get with Speed unt Sport Yahaha in Bloomsberg PA, they have clavos of them (the tiny little rubber hockey-puck that goes in it).

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dag nabit, I told you how to fix that Pet...er..fuel valve. Get with Speed unt Sport Yahaha in Bloomsberg PA, they have clavos of them (the tiny little rubber hockey-puck that goes in it).
I just haven't had time. I looked at a rebuild kit on some vintage cycle site and it contained 3 O rings and a new spring but I didn't see no hockey puck. I just ran the fuel down real low and now she doesn't leak! I gotta head out of town for a few days so I'll worry about it when I get back.

Gotta rig up the air cleaner for the moped too.

My neighbors all think I'm crazy. I've got the wicked ,badass car that collects dust while I ride around on 30 year old two strokes.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What wheels are on your Daytona? I'd like to put spoked wheels on mine.......
I think they're wire wheels off an older RD or R5. Whatever model year had a drum rear brake (the Daytona had mags and discs of course). The drum rear has two methods of operation, rolling and locked! I only use the front brake.

The motor in mine isn't a daytona motor either. It's my understanding that the Daytona motor had some issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.