Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, can't help you there, but I did learn to ride on a Supercub in the 70's. My dad owned one and a Ducati Mountaineer 90cc 2-stroke dirt bike. He got so fed up with the Ducati, he sold it and the Honda to a friend at work. He threw the Ducati away and kept the Cub.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I learned how to ride on a Cub 50 in the Spring of 1964. It opened up the wonderful world of motorcycling! I put over 8000 miles on that little 50 between then and Jan. '65 when I joined the Marine Corps. Currently I have a Cub 50 with 256 miles on it in my little collection. Those little Cub 50s certainly helped change the motorized world; was amazing how far I could go on a dime's worth of gas in the Summer of '64! DFO

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Dad bought the C100 Super cub (black and white) in 61. I was only four then. I later learned how to ride on it. Beleive it or not, I rode it mostly in the dirt when I was young. That elbow front suspension took a pounding and never once got tweaked. Rode the heck out of it until I bought a used early '60s Bridgestone 175 with the dual range gear box. Anyway, still have the Super Cub with the original tires! and chain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Leisure World (a.k.a Seizure World) a Retirement Community in Southern California actually purchased a whole fleet of Super Cubs brand new back in the 60s for the seniors to get around the community. Increasingly litigious times forced management to re-consider this idea and they eventually switched to golf carts. Talk to the original management if any of them are still kicking and I'm sure you'll get a few good stories.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Richard,

Don't expect an answer from the former posters. This thread is over seven years old.

However, we have some boo-coo smart fellas on the site that might be able to help.

I should point out that the demographic of this site is primarily crusty old farts, and it helps to check your sensitivities at the door.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.