Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Fork Brace and Sonic Springs

It's a great bike, it really is. But at 110 mph it just doesn't feel planted the way I'd like. I'm going to throw a fork brace at it and see if that helps; if not, I may go shopping. It's very preliminary thinking right now.
Ken, A fork brace and sonic springs did wonders for high speed handling of my Strom. I eventually put in a race tech fork valve kit too, but the former two were the biggest difference for high speed handling.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
KM,

+1 on the rear springs. My buddy's bike is so softly sprung, it almost collapses when he gets on it. He goes about 210.

I can't imagine what that does to the stability in fast corners or at ludicrous speed.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Ahhhh Kenneeee!

You boo-coo funneee guy!

Seriously, you need to upgrade the rear suspension. We re-did his forks, put 15W earl in'm, and added 1" of spacer (replaced the stocker with a longer PVC bit), and he loves the new feel. Alas, he had to re-aim his headlight, 'cause when he sits on the bike, the ass-end sags so far.

I'm trying to get him to buy a beefier springs, since he is not to thrilled about coughing up the dinero grande for aftermarket shockage.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
I'm trying to get him to buy a beefier springs, since he is not to thrilled about coughing up the dinero grande for aftermarket shockage.
I've been reading about the suspension upgrades on Stromtrooper.com. I don't blame him for not wanting to cough up the dough. I'm only 165, so I really hope the brace will take care of it. Or, I could just keep it under 90 and avoid the issue alltogether! I'm also getting the MP Cycle windshield today. The stock one causes a lot of headshake at higher speeds, especially when it's in the upper settings. Paul at MP says his is a lot better in that regards. We shall see...

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Listen up.

I've been reading about the suspension upgrades on Stromtrooper.com. I don't blame him for not wanting to cough up the dough. I'm only 165, so I really hope the brace will take care of it. Or, I could just keep it under 90 and avoid the issue alltogether! I'm also getting the MP Cycle windshield today. The stock one causes a lot of headshake at higher speeds, especially when it's in the upper settings. Paul at MP says his is a lot better in that regards. We shall see...
If you are going to Daytona and you are going to take pictures please refrain from posting certain pictures like you did last year. You know what I mean. Otherwise bad stuff will happen to you, earthquake, fire, brimstone, plague, pestilence.... and STUFF.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
If you are going to Daytona and you are going to take pictures please refrain from posting certain pictures like you did last year. You know what I mean. Otherwise bad stuff will happen to you, earthquake, fire, brimstone, plague, pestilence.... and STUFF.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YOU ARE STILL HAUNTED BY THE EVIL BIKEWEEK PHOTOS?!?!!? That has me rolling on the floor, dude! But, since you asked nicely, here's a head-shot (no pun intended) of a local hottie I lined up for Kirk:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Any better?

How about a 1941 Indian Four... er ok lets forget that.

No really The Ducati GT1000 sound better for that kind of distance? I really don't like most of the Sport touring bikes i've seen. Though I've never seen a Triumph sprint in person. Personally think that PC800 is ASS ugly, Though i can imagine around here that it was the intent.

On a very funny side note, my Fiance's Step dad is looking to replace is GL1500 Goldwing with, thats right the most manly bike ever, a BossHoss 350ci.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
On a very funny side note, my Fiance's Step dad is looking to replace is GL1500 Goldwing with, thats right the most manly bike ever, a BossHoss 350ci.
Tell him I said he doesn't have a Hair on his Arse if he doesn't get it at LEAST Nitrous-Injected or Supercharged............. :cool:

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
I'll make sure to tell him... in the mean time, check this out.

Boss Hoss - Mountain Boss Hoss
Damn, you look at the prices of $35k and up, and you have to wonder what you could get if you spent that on a real motorcycle. Or three.

Did you see the 1998 for sale? A decade later they're still making them; yet I have NEVER seen one actually on the road going somewhere, or even at a place where it might have been ridden to and parked. I think there's actually only 18 actual Boss Hossesseses in the world, and they just shuffle them around from one show to the next.

Can I go to Daytona now? Will somebody email my boss and tell him I'm needed for an emergency? He gets in at 9.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Damn, you look at the prices of $35k and up, and you have to wonder what you could get if you spent that on a real motorcycle. Or three.

Did you see the 1998 for sale? A decade later they're still making them; yet I have NEVER seen one actually on the road going somewhere, or even at a place where it might have been ridden to and parked. I think there's actually only 18 actual Boss Hossesseses in the world, and they just shuffle them around from one show to the next.

Can I go to Daytona now? Will somebody email my boss and tell him I'm needed for an emergency? He gets in at 9.
Just tell him that your domestic partner was severely injured in a freak curling iron accident.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
My question.

I know its tradition to get off topic here but...

SportClassic GT1000, ok for long distance? I'd like to get bags and all that, maybe i can get a radio into a tank bag.... ;-)

21 - 40 of 45 Posts