Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
37 mile each way actually and yes I am among the founding members....a plank owner in Naval terms.

Oddly enough I just replaced my aging RF900 w/ mad graphics with a more staid black Shoei Multitec. After 10 years and a pretty serious get-off I figured it was due. I wanted to get a blue one to match my Suzuki and Triumph Explorer gloves but they were back ordered and I didn't want to wait.

So far the Multitec has worked out as a nice comfy quiet lid with the usual Shoei build quality, excellent venting and fit. Not cheap though, the best price I found was around $450 with shipping and all.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
It's a funny world, everyone bags on Harley as the epitome of evil when the fact is they're an American success story that pays a union based living wage and benifits package. Has a dealership and parts netwqork on virtually every street corner, offers unparralleded customer support at most dealerships, and is at the forefront of things like rider training and education, getting rid of the loud pipes, now encouraging helmet use and offering a line of their own.

So what if they make money off it, they are a business not a flippin' charity. try getting anywhere near the level of support from anyone else with the possible exception of BMW and maybe Triumph and Guzzi on a good day at the dealership level....

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
I think it fits a little better than the RF, it feels snug all around and being a flip-up the chin bar fits further under my chin than the RF so it's warmer. That will work the other way in summer of course but for now it's nice not to have the cold draft. As far as I know the shield and latch mechanism is all the same so they're interchangable. Also the chin bar has a breath deflector so it reduces fogging considerably. So far the venting works well, we had a few upper 70's days so far and it was comfortable.

Most of the riding I've done with it has been upper 30's to mid 50's and rain and it's worked well plus the neck seems to be cut a little higher at the back so it clears my spine pad better. With the RF on the Suzuki I was constantly pushing back against the top of the pad and it'd give me a stiff neck after awhile, this one is cut so that at speed the back of the helmet is just resting on the pad so it's much more comfortable and I don't get as much lift at high speed either so that's a plus as well.

All in all I think it's an excellent helmet and if you have a Shoei head it should be comfortable for the long term as well.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
As a matter of fact I was responding to Longrides post in a general vein not yours, and I was more or less agreeing with everything you said. Whose being overly sensitive here?

I assure you there's nothing wrong with MY comprehension skills, nor do I have a "Motor Company Alarm". In fact I don't even own a Harley, though I've owned and ridden the ***** out of 5 of them over the years I currently own (and ride the ***** out of) a Triumph and a Suzuki.

Finally, I never claimed to be a bad ass or even a "Biker", I consider myself to be a Motorcycle Enthusiast and wear a Hi Viz Aerostitch suit and full face helmet everytime I ride which is daily, almost everywhere I go.

Will that suffice or do you need more clarification?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Re: Dang!

Why at your local Tin Foil Hat, Generator, Gas Mask and MRE retailer of course

(Don't forget our buy 2 get 1 free .22 Hollowpoint Brick sale, perfect for keeping ******* out of the orchard !)

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
No problem, apology accepted...

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Re: Dang!

Doesn't everyone?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts