Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Dude, I think a little more caffeine is in order before you are allowed to post again.

Perhaps, I did not make it clear in my post but, my point was to compare HD's new helmet safety initiative to their recent 'loud but legal' pipes initiative and not to make comment on helmet laws or helmet usage or to otherwise turn an interesting news piece about goings on in the industry into another f*cking helmet law flame war.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Re: Dang!

Nope, that's July. Also, June 3 is Vest Awareness Day which kicks off re-sew your patches week. The season ends with polish your chrome fortnight towards the end of August.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Oh yeah. All those people who love to complain about companies that "do it for profit" work for free themselves! LOL!

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

What's wrong with vests? I've got a great fishing vest that'll carry a whole weekend's worth of travel gear.

·
Registered
285 Posts

Trying to picture this in my minds eye...it burns!!! I almost forgot...July 28 is Layin 'er Down for Safety Day.

We didn't get into Japan, Inc's national holidays though. If you want to mark your calendar:

April is Buy the Newest Fast Bike Month

May 1 is Sand Away Your Peg Feelers and Chicken Strips Day.

May 29 is Clash Day (wear the helmet and jacket that went with your old bike...it's crazy!)

July 22 is Burnout Day

July 23 is Replace Your Flatspotted Rear Tire Day

September is Sell the Bike You Bought in April Month.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I crashed in my Arai and just had a dime sized scuff on the front chinbar. I found out that Arai will examine, inspect, and test your helmet for only $10 if you ship it to them (to cover return shipping). They sent mine back to me in about 10 days with paperwork to show a tech inspector at a race or track day, and they touched up the paint too.

Talk about nice service. I wouldn't even have had it checked if it wasn't the first day I wore it. (!)

--The Fox

e

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Umm. Who is bagging on Harley?

Did you actually read my post or did your 'someone-somewhere-might-have-something-negative-to-say-about-the-Mother-Company' alarm go off and you just jumped on in?

I said that I would like to withdraw my sarcasm and I said that b/c I like what HD is doing with this new initiative. Yeah, I added a little snide comment about them trying to make a profit on it but I really dont have a problem with that. The jist of my post was Pro-Harley. Read it again, for comprehension this time.

You HD boys are kinda touchy for supposed bad asses.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
I think it fits a little better than the RF, it feels snug all around and being a flip-up the chin bar fits further under my chin than the RF so it's warmer. That will work the other way in summer of course but for now it's nice not to have the cold draft. As far as I know the shield and latch mechanism is all the same so they're interchangable. Also the chin bar has a breath deflector so it reduces fogging considerably. So far the venting works well, we had a few upper 70's days so far and it was comfortable.

Most of the riding I've done with it has been upper 30's to mid 50's and rain and it's worked well plus the neck seems to be cut a little higher at the back so it clears my spine pad better. With the RF on the Suzuki I was constantly pushing back against the top of the pad and it'd give me a stiff neck after awhile, this one is cut so that at speed the back of the helmet is just resting on the pad so it's much more comfortable and I don't get as much lift at high speed either so that's a plus as well.

All in all I think it's an excellent helmet and if you have a Shoei head it should be comfortable for the long term as well.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts

What makes you think I use it for fishing?

It'll hold at least 10 different kinds of ammunition, a flask and some HD beef jerky! What else do you need?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
As a matter of fact I was responding to Longrides post in a general vein not yours, and I was more or less agreeing with everything you said. Whose being overly sensitive here?

I assure you there's nothing wrong with MY comprehension skills, nor do I have a "Motor Company Alarm". In fact I don't even own a Harley, though I've owned and ridden the ***** out of 5 of them over the years I currently own (and ride the ***** out of) a Triumph and a Suzuki.

Finally, I never claimed to be a bad ass or even a "Biker", I consider myself to be a Motorcycle Enthusiast and wear a Hi Viz Aerostitch suit and full face helmet everytime I ride which is daily, almost everywhere I go.

Will that suffice or do you need more clarification?

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts

Why at your local Tin Foil Hat, Generator, Gas Mask and MRE retailer of course

(Don't forget our buy 2 get 1 free .22 Hollowpoint Brick sale, perfect for keeping ******* out of the orchard !)

21 - 40 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.