Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
But..... but....... I was bein' serious here..........

·
Registered
285 Posts
While it was a good try, your technique was a little off and the seguay was rough. Maybe something more along the lines of:

"If other manufacturers cared as much as Harley they'd provide education as to which bike would be best suited for any given rider. Unfortunately, the stupid sportbike kids wouldn't listen like the wiser Harley guys will with this helmet initiative. Something really should be done to protect these insolent bastards from themselves and help them get started. Perhaps some sort of rule about what kind of bike you can buy based on your expereince or demonstrated skill?"

Something like that...

·
Registered
872 Posts
You should be required to do a tour of duty as a Marine before being allowed to buy any bike larger than 400cc's.

Unless it's a Harley, in which case you must have been incarcerated for at least 6 months in order to buy one at all.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Harley helmets last forever, because they never get worn!

Here in the Milwaukee area helmet use by H-D riders is quite a joke. I guess that it's part of the costume to go lid-less no mater what the weather or time of year. It never ceases to amaze me.

H-d would probably have more success selling helmet skull tattoos with a DOT sticker on them!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Well Hell,i smoke a seegar all the time while riding and wearing a 3/4 or half helmet. And i bet i coulf figure out how to smoke with a full face MX helmet and goggles. Where there's a will there's a way.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
So why do you moderate your own? I mean, isn't that really lame?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
You're speaking to socko as if it was real again.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I've got a Caberg Justissimo, with the flip down internal sunglasses, and it's great. Fit is similar to my Arai Corsair. You can detach the flip up part and wear it as a 3/4 helmet, and it's the only flip up hemet that met ECE standards as a full face. It's light as well; it feels like 1/2 the weaight of any other flup up I've held.

Downsides: it's got a big shell and the vents are only ok. I'm very pleased.

--The Fox

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Camelback converted to a Hookah.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
A paintjob with big-ass metallic flakes, in an ugly p!ss-green colour.............

61 - 80 of 80 Posts