Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
As said Aprilia representative - let me disclose that I like 'em. I even own one - a little one. When I get the chance to return to my beloved Texas Hill Country I regularly take out my 1990 Honda CB-1 for a thrashing. The wail of 13,500 rpm and "cruising" at 7000 rpm does have it's high points.

As far as twins vs fours go, you love what you love. Whatever you own take care of it, maintain it, buy the best products you can for it, and for God's sakes ride the damned thing!

At Aprilia we simply don't get to ride as much as we would like and having the chance to ride with the MO boys and get a chance to ride all the bikes in the test (Except the GSXR - Minime was busy dragracing $60,000 Civics with it) you cannot buy a bad bike out of that group. They all excel in some ways and are at a disadvantage in others.

The 954 is phenominal. It's plush and responsive at the same time, and I fit the bike really well. It's the inline four I would buy out of that group despite the fact that I like looking at the Yamaha. The Honda just work for me.

The Suzook? WAY too many out there. Not being one to want to look the same as the rest, I simply could not ride a GSXR. (I know there are plenty of Hondas out there - but at least the 600 looks differentfrom the 954) Great bang for the buck sure, but would I find myself out in the freezing cold garage scraping the mung from the shock linkage in anticipation of the first sunny warm spring ride of the season. Probably not.

If I were spending my money, I'd buy a used Falco, slap on a Penske shock, custom paint job, Mille swingarm, some Speigler brakes and the Flaco fighter kit. You want different?

Heh - let's ride.

Ciao for now - gotta get back under the bubble.

Robert Pandya

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Re: Question to Robert Pandya Regarding Ram Air

It's not a ram-air intake in the sense of using forced air to "supercharge" The intake. It's a cold air induction to get the coolest possible air into the motor, and to point the intake sound forward while the exhaust sound points backwards. The system may allow for some pressure to build, but not in the same proportion as the system built onto many competitor products.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts