Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
The 998 we're getting is at the same price point, 17k and change. The Honda costs less, yes, but it's damn good and should provide similar performance (if not up to or beyond) the Italian machinery. Should be an interesting flog.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Damn it! Military man missed that one. It'll be corrected ASAP. thanks for the heads-up and glad you like the bike. It's a good'un.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: De-restriction needed?

No fiddlin' required. It is what it is what it is. And to make it MO betta, we just got the pipe in the mail, John's picking up the chip tomorrow morning, so we'll do a product review thingie on the bike with that set-up pretty soon.

·
Registered
350 Posts
We swapped bikes again. We covered quite a few miles on the way to the strip that afternoon/evening. If I mentioned every instance we swapped bikes, well, there'd be no point in doing that and the story would have been stupid, I think. but that's just me.

The only part that was made up is where I say by looking at the bike's details you don't even notice the obnoxious color. It's BRIGHT, and you always notice it :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks. The working title is something along the lines of "Rich B_itches vs. the Girl next Door." As I said, it should be interesting and fun and informative.

·
Registered
350 Posts
DucButt,

Thanks. The 'Stitches we all wear are just the best for most of us. Easy on, easy off, worn over clothes (or none at all), very versatile, they protect extremely well, etc. We haven't found anything better.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I guess Lord Blip decreed swearing for artistic purposes is a fine enough thing. I think he was just trying to eliminate foul name-calling here, littered with expletives.

You could still swear, though. Try calling somebody a "poopy head" or a "doo doo caca brain" and see what happens....

·
Registered
350 Posts
DurangoKid,

Texas World Speedway. Woo hoo! I love Denton. My town, baby (Go North Texas Eagles!). I'll have to get back up there soon. I haven't fished Ray Roberts in a while...

Anyway, back to motorcycles (there's a great road, 380 I think, that comes into the back side of Denton from the west, north of the 35E/W merger there). The Aprilia guy liked the Honda the best on the street. And what's cool about _some_ people in this business is that, even though they work for a certain manufacturer, their favorite bikes are what another manufacturer produces. Usually, they'll be honest if you just ask.

Oh yeah, and would you readers be interested in a few MO track days across the country? Especially if we hooked up with a manufacturer to get some test bikes and instructors (and MO personalities) out there?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: Beans, Beans...

T_A_H,

We'll test the Firebolt when Buell has one ready. There has apparently been a delay in getting bikes for some reason. CW just got one specially prepped for an article they were doing last week, and we should have the first production one "by the end of the month" I'm told. So, as soon as we get it, you'll read about it, hear it, and have a chance to flame it or maybe even profess your love for it.

As for the budget stuff, we've got a budget Kawi posting tomorrow (Thursday) and have more stuff like that in the works. We've also been wanting to do a naked 2,3,4 test which should be cool. Also, we'll have an FJR next week, so look for the test of that bike soon thereafter.

Oh, and we'll have a Suzuki V-strom as well here Friday (test pretty soon) and we'll do some sort of "others" test in the (near?) future as well.

Keep up the good feedback guys. Let us know what you want and we'll try to bring it to ya.

Oh, almost forgot, for you cruiser guys, we're getting a CVO Road King soon and have some other cruiser stuff in the works as well as stand-alone tests of a new Indian and something new and different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts