Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
In order for Aprilia to be competetive...

...i believe they will have to go with an ultra over-square multi-cylinder engine. ultra as in Formula 1 specs. i wouldn't be surprised to see a desmo V-8 or V-6, since a desmo won't have to worry about valve float and wouldn't need pneumatic valve closers at the astronomical revs they will have to turn, a feature that could add weight and complexity - just what they cannot afford an extra ounce of. Absolutely no chance of seeing a V-Twin IMO, since i am sure that the only reason they dominate WSB now is the 25% displacement advantage over the multi's(not meaning to start a flame)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Re: "Open" GP class

wait a minute - you're saying you want a motorcycle that laps as quick as possible, so why limit what kind of engine it can have? why not just give it a size and weight limit. other than that anything goes. for just a few pounds more you could double the present grand prix displacement. how about a 1000cc 2stroke. there'd be nothing that could catch it. not even close

·
Registered
203 Posts
Dear Mr God

um, didn't i mention something about using desmodromic valve actutation because they can't afford an extra ounce of weight or complexity? People who respond to posts such as mine should learn to read before they comment. I hereby strip you of the title "Engineer" and crown you ""

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.