Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have so much respect for Aprilia. Such a young company doing so well not only on the sales floor, but on the track as well. It really kills Triumph's excuse of not having the $$$$ to back a race team. And for them to buy (correct me if I'm wrong) Cagiva, Moto Guzzi, and Laverda shows a genuine passion for motorcycles. They've got people lining up for their scooters in Europe, and I'm sure those people will look to Aprilia when it's time to step up to something bigger. I wish they had a product in the U.S. I could buy. I really like the RS50, but I don't have the $$$ to buy a toy, I need every day transport (you can't carry 2stroke oil on that 1000 mile weekend). Maybe I'll go get an Aprilia hat and call it close enough.*sigh*

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Falco and RSV's are super hot in my opinion, and could be usable everyday rides for my type of riding, but I can't pony up the $$$$. On my budget when a bike goes past $10,000 I get really apprehrensive. I strung out payments on my Speed Triple fpr so long I'll never get the loan right side up, and I won't do that to myself again. Sooner or later any bike gets kind of boring, but with a low payment I can keep adding performance parts, which keeps the bike interesting. I can't do that with a $13,000 motorcycle. *sigh*

·
Registered
63 Posts
I dug through my back issues of magazines and I was wrong about Cagiva being purchased. I was thinking of an article in a brit mag that compared the Cagiva Mito 50 and the Aprilia RS50. But Aprilia definitley bought Laverda and Guzzi. Sorry about the brain fart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts