Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kudos for Aprillia. That sure is a pretty penny, though. Gad-Zooks!

Thankfully, many of the Japanese manufacturers sponsor racing and riding schools that will also rent you a bike (for a lot less, I might add) so that you can try them on the track as well

·
Registered
158 Posts
Alan is funny

Alan, alan, alan- Learn to spell it already! A, P, R, I, L, I, A. One "L" and not pronounced A-prilla either. Just for future reference! Hahah.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Where to go in the Midwest?

I am a 23 year old rider who's been on a bike for just 2 years. I'm taking the MSF course in a couple weeks and later this summer I'm looking to hit a track somewhere. However, I tend to ride alone and was looking to score some tutelage whilst at the course. Can someone point me in a direction of a good quality "track school" outfit in the vicinity of Chicago?

I heard Elkhart Lake is Wisconsin is nice, but it's a little far. I was thinking Route 66 Raceway in Joliet would be a good choice. Anyone ever ride there? Is bike hire available? (I was hoping to get on a small capacity single or twin to start out.)

Last but not least, I was thinking of interning for a race team in the hopes of learning something about riding and wrenching. Anyone have any info on working joeboy for a racing team, like in a pit crew or just as a gopher on the weekends?

Anyone who points me in a good direction gets a gold star and the warm fuzzy feeling of being a good person and furthering the cause of motorcycling. Hurray for you!

Thanks!

--Foxy

·
Registered
175 Posts
Re: Where to go in the Midwest?

Blackhawk Farms has a ton (relatively speaking) of track days, I'm pretty sure their web site has most of the info you'll need. And it's relatively close to the Chicago area. I'm in Milwaukee, so I prefer Elkhart.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Where to go in the Midwest?

Maybe MMI Motorcycle Mechanics Institute out

of Daytona could give you some useful info.

I think the big 4 japanese manufacturers also

have their own unique mechanics schools.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.