Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Why would anyone get upset about a demise of a brand name? If a particularly good model gets axed (say, Valkyrie) that’s bad news – or would be if there wasn’t a large second hand market where they are still available. Keen on brands? Go buy a Gucci handbag.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
So pissy little mom-and-pop carages can not compete? This is a big surprise to no-one at all.

Look at Aprilia. How many top level engine developers do they have? 5? Does Yamaha have more? No further questions your honor.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I doubt no-one on this thread would claim the Japanese would not make better quality cars than GM. However, there seem to be many a romantic soul here touchingly believing that the quality of their favorite brand matches the Japanese competition. This is deeply moving really.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Initial build quality and owner satisfaction are the poorest indicators of quality. These measure "what I got vs. what I was buying for". If the expectations were not top-notch they can be satisfied at reasonably low level.

Real quality can be read from JDPower survey, What Car, statistics of different national car inspection authorities and road service.

My absolute fav is German road service ADAC's statistics what cars of each age group had to be saved from the side of the autobahns. Perennial losers: Dodge Caravan and various Renault models (Megane, Laguna, Scenic). The japs, yep, you guessed where they are.

- cruiz-euro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts