Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: again the HD faithfull refuse to admit that change is possible

I've been working on him myself about the Triumph, hoping he'll show some class.

It makes all us Puget Sound are rider look bad when he acts like a nimrod

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

That's "Puget Sound area riders"

I was typing that while my kids are bickering, as usual

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Thats a fact. cruisers are their cash cows, sportbikes don't turn a profit with the R&D expenditures requiered for the two year development cycles.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Large Chicago Based Aerospace Company let McDonald Douglas buy them with their own money, hired the management team that ran them into the ground, then wonders why Airbus is handing them their butts.

Thank god they left here for Chicago, let them put up with 'em

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

There ya' go kpaul, sensible advice from some plank-owner GPTB types.

The progression for us GPTB type rider's is standard that you turned into a cafe` racer, then HD chopper that you built yourself, then Sportsters 'cause they're so much fun, then bagger, then factory built sportbike, then sport-tourer then, stock HD, then nekkid hooligan Speed Triple, then sport tourer, then sexy Italian sportbike that ruins whats left of your joints, then cruiser. You don't have to sell one bike to buy another, just add on to the garage.

I'm working my way through list, on "sport-tourer" at the moment.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Todays Tacoma paper had a listing of overall new vehicale quality, the Hummer was last. Not only are they pretentious gas hogs, they're unreliable junk to boot. All that and more for $50k + tax.

I'm glad I bought a mini-van instead of a Yukon Denali or Expedition like I wanted...

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Bruno Taglifiera (?) stated as much in a recent issue of Brit mag. Performance Bike. Because of increased legislation and tightening sportbike market in Europe, Triumph was going to shift their emphasis to the classic and cruiser lines. Their soon to be released Rocket 111 and Thruxton are already major sellers. Triumph is smart enough to put their R&D money where it does the most good, not try to chase a rabbit down a hole competing with the Japanese

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
GM's quality is alot better than it was a few years ago, certain models like the Malibu are ahead of most Japanese cars in terms of initial build quality and owner satisfaction

1 - 11 of 11 Posts