Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
again the HD faithfull refuse to admit that change is possible

Mis-management of financial assets and excessive aquisitions, leading to a high overhead eating any profits, have way more to do with this than the fact that Aprillia made bikes that leaned to the sporting side.

If man was meant to ride only cruisers, then why where corners invented?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: again the HD faithfull refuse to admit that change is possible

So, let see if I understand that logic:

Honda sells more bikes in a week than than others do in a year..... So why compete against Honda in any style of motorcycle? Heck, HD might as well give up production of bikes all together, since Honda sells more bikes than they do.

·
Registered
771 Posts
from a mayonaise jar on funk&wagnels front porch

Ducati

Rotax

Scooters

Ducati will get MG, and maybe Laverda

Rotax might take over the motorcycle line, more likely to just produce the rsv motor to sell.

Whats left of Aprillia will revert to scooters.

my $0.02

The shame is the GP tace team will shut down, I allways have a soft spot in my heart for the underdogs in racing.

I had to admire them for trying to compete, and if I had the $$$, I'd own one (of just about every bike made by every manufacturer, got to have dreams, right)

Someone had mentioned Foggy/Pertronis getting Laverda. Be a interesting idea, but I don't think Pertronis is really interested in making motorcycles, it seams to be more of a marketing/racing/prestige thing to them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: again the HD faithfull refuse to admit that change is possible

Your kidding right? You know he is saving up to get the triumvirate of the motorcycle gods (VFRCONNIESV650)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Afew people have harped that same line, over and over again. "They don't make money on the sport bikes, every other bike they sell covers the loss"

Please provide some back up material on it.

No one has ever produced any hard evidence that the big four lose money on the sport bikes. From a buisness point of view you don't do that forever.

So before the flames start find a financial statement that breaks doen profit and loss on each style of bike a company makes, or at least untill you can present some evidence, stop presenting your opinions as fact.

Heres an idea for an story you can do for MO. Research it, document it, and MO can publish it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Opinions again are not fact. As far as start up sport bike companies, Buell comes to mind afew years ago, Vincent and Norton now. I also don't see the cruiser start ups cranking out the products. More so than sport bikes, yes. The cult following cruisers have is a big draw to base sales off of. But even with that advantage very few of the cruiser (HD knock offs) companies are rolling in money, most seem to be barely making it. So sport bikes don't make profits, Triumph had been increasingly profitable untill the fire last year.

"There are not any financial statements from the Big Four that breaks down by catagory. If you ever looked at one you would know that."

Yes I have looked at financial statements (I hate doing it, but it is required in todays world), thats how I know there are no facts backing up your opinion on sport bike profits (thanks again for helping to make my point ;-)

Again, please try to get some facts to back up your opinions.

Its a dead horse catagory for the two of us, we have beaten it down to the ground. But, if you do ever find something published that talks about this issue please feel free to let us MO-rons know about it. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts