Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
For those of you who constantly harp that Harley-Davidson should build modern sportbikes. I give you Aprilia.

We can all agree Aprilia makes wonderful motorcycles. How many of us own one?

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Re: again the HD faithfull refuse to admit that change is possible

I own two sportbikes, both of them Italian. Think you can drag up some US and worldwide sales numbers for non-Japanese sportbikes? I'll bet Honda sells more bikes in a week than the others do in a year.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts

That's not exactly what I'm after here.

My point is that the squids and print rags rave over how great the latest Aprilia, Ducati, Fischer!!, Truimph is (and how Harley should be doing the same thing) but when it's time to crack open the wallet, they trudge down to the local Honda/Yamaha etc. to take advantage of the superior price/performance ratio.

Lord knows I don't agree with KPaul about much but if he breaks down and buys a Triumph rather than another Japanese sportbike I'll have to give him credit.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts

You know a Ducati ST4 would look good in your garage alongside all that Japanese and American iron.

Just think how cool you would be when you roll up to the Italian beef stand.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I asked that question of my local MV dealer prior to plunking down for the Brutale. He said since Proton infused a ton of cash, their relationship with MV Agusta has never been better.

Fuel usage is at an all time high in CA right now and we're not even into the heavy driving season. I see more H2s on the road every day.

The Brutale only gets 25 mpg so it's hardly better than an SUV.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I think he also said GM doesn't makes cars. GM makes money.

Of course that was right before GM's market share tanked.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts

i think I'm working on about three of them right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts