Motorcycle Forums banner
121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I own a Tuono, but want to also buy a sport tourer to ride long distances across country. I'm considering an FRJ1300 and the Futura as well as have an open mind toward some other bikes (VStrom -- 650 even, Duc ST3/4, or ?) But no thanks to a Gold Wind or BMW (cept maybe a new GS.) I like the idea of the FJR's engine and all the raves from mags, but I don't know if I'd be happy with a Yammy after the fit, finish, & quality of the Tuono. I want to buy a 1-3 year old used bike because I can't afford the depreciation on a second bike. So why did you choose the Futura over the FJR? And how big are you? (I'm 6'2" 240lbs)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: KPaul the Great Motorcycle Prophet speaks

>> This why we are losing manufacturing jobs at a record rate.

And exactly what is wrong with that? With the exception of the poor guys who haven't focused on education and can do nothing more than work on an assembly line, manufacturing jobs aren't exactly the most fun jobs there are. Rather to be an integrator than a manufacturer. Integrators have leverage that manufacturers don't have, and integrators can be more profitable than manufacturers, especially if they own the "Brand." The brand is where there is value, not production capacity. BTW, one of the reasons Aprilia was able to grow so fast was because they outsource production and are extremely anal about quality control. Don't bet against Beggio; he made some errors and was knocked silly by the result of the helmet laws (Italians don't want to mess up their hair with a helmet, after all), but he'll pull through and Aprilia will probably surpass BMW to become Europe's largest motorcycle manufacturer.

121 - 123 of 123 Posts