Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Actually both those bikes look pretty cool. I really don't see myself as a customer for either, but the Shiver could be an excellent returning rider mount. Now if you put the mille engine in the thing, it would be a kick in the pants, but perhaps too similar to the Tuono.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
might as well put training wheels on the damn thing.
Or make it into a three-wheeler............

(swish! Kerplunk! trolltrolltrolltrolltroll.......)

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I've been slamming Aprilia for about two years for parts supplies that never make it here to the US. It appears Piaggio has it fixed and I can become a fan once again. I like the SL. I like the "hyper" moto they are developing even better. I don't like the exchange rate. $14k for these things are too much money. If MV is the Ferrari and Ducati is the Porshe then Aprilia is........VW?....... of the m/c world. You tell me. Are they sending bikes with quality control like Ducati? Are the sending bikes built with MV passion? Something is a little odd about paying that much for Aprilias (exchange rate aside). When they release the V4 Superbike I figure that it will cost no less than $19k. I'd but the MV first. Would you?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Yikes.

I've been slamming Aprilia for about two years for parts supplies that never make it here to the US. It appears Piaggio has it fixed and I can become a fan once again. I like the SL. I like the "hyper" moto they are developing even better. I don't like the exchange rate. $14k for these things are too much money. If MV is the Ferrari and Ducati is the Porshe then Aprilia is........VW?....... of the m/c world. You tell me. Are they sending bikes with quality control like Ducati? Are the sending bikes built with MV passion? Something is a little odd about paying that much for Aprilias (exchange rate aside). When they release the V4 Superbike I figure that it will cost no less than $19k. I'd but the MV first. Would you?
14K for this? I like Aprilias and I'd love a Tuono but when I look at the sticker prices the Speed3 looks better and better. So does the S2R Monster.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
14K for this? I like Aprilias and I'd love a Tuono but when I look at the sticker prices the Speed3 looks better and better. So does the S2R Monster.
I guess it can't be just the exchange rate because the dollar is off against the pound as well. Maybe the Italians are charging extra to offset Giuseppe's lunch dates.

Speed Triple is a bargain at $9,999!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.