Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
saw these bikes at the Washington Bike Show in january....absolutely beautiful. If they were street legal,I believe Id be selling some bikes to free up cash and garage space for an SXV 450. I got a chance ti demo ride a Husky TE250 street legal enduro at Mid Ohio this weekend,and have a jones for one ,but Aprilia has trumped them with this baby. My "gotta have "list is getting way out of control.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: By by Buell...

...hello Aprilia. Hope Cosmopolitan Motors doesn't have anything to do with it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Crap. I need one a those. Whaddaya mean not street legal? i thought they were going to be? Fonz u look marvelousss...

I love my husqvarna but it doesn't like to go faster than about 65 mph. How fast will RXV 4.5 go before it blows up?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Excellent article cool bikes thanks MO.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Good old Italian innovation. I'll bet that Soichiro is spinning at the SXV redline right now, seeing his company fall so far behind the curve.

I wonder how the top end durability is going to be. Will it need frequent top end rebuilds like some of the current 4stroke MXers?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Word on the street is the big 4 strikers are egging out bearing supports in the cases. Forget the top end, when you've got all that minimalized smit spinning around at 13 grand it's bound to cause problems. Folks wanted works bike 4 stroke technology, didn't think they'd have to pay for it somewhere.

Won't matter for the guys in pink boots anyway, thay'll just have Tripes wash and service the bike for the next ride.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
definitely the direction i think the future is going. 180-mph crotch rockets eventually become somewhat impractical for most of us as we amble toward the rocking chair, but not everybody is ready to drink the cruiser kool-aid. Not to mention as Big Bro's speed enforcement tools grow ever more ubiquitous on the road...

Actually 8K seems like a bargain next to the $13K KTM wants for its new 950. Why the big difference? 5K for street legality seems like a lot.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
There are still plenty of IT490s and such around out there to scarf up. Since I only ride for fun I see no reason to switch to the realtively poor performing/hi-maintenance 4 strokes.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Cosmo Kramer...

Has nothing to do with Aprilia, not to worry. Piaggio Group is running the show now, and they did a pretty professional job of things. I'd expect Aprilia to be a solid brand that will be around for a long time.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Cosmo Kramer...

You mean if I order a clutch cable I won't have to wait until 144 other people order one too?

Gadzooks, a new chapter in Italian parts ordering...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Not to mention they race 450cc 4 strokes in the 250 class. That should tell you something.

I relate that to my riding buddies who've all gone from open class 2 strokes to electric start 4 strikers. 'Specially after a long section of open desert.

You can pry the CR500 out of my cold dead hands...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: It's the orange paint.

..and the legend of Pavel Rulev...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

Sherman set the wayback to 1974, where we'll interview Adolph Weil and his forward mounted Konis...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

U probably remember exactly what u were doing when first Yamaha Monocross was unveiled in some super Hunky magazine don't u? Actually i remember that it was, ah, some drugstore.

·
Registered
325 Posts
How many hours/miles...

of life can you expect from these before the entire top end needs a rebuild????? 100 hours? 6000 miles? Sorry if you answered in the article. I'll get around to reading it this weekend.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.