Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ohlins boinkers? eructing? Some interesting words in a well-written article. And as for a lower-spec Tuono, I dare say that is probably only a matter of months away.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The specs are out of this world, and the styling has me sporting a semi-stiffy. The $17k price tag, though, has me lamenting my chronic lack of fundicular fortitude.

Oh well, hopefully this bike will serve as an inspiration for the Japanese OEMs, since they seem to be the only ones who build bikes for us lowly plebians. By the way, who is Ono? And why was this bike dedicated to her?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Maybe you should have tested the Falco R, a streetfighter for the masses. Great article though.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Woo Hoo! Aprilia... Finally!

$17 cake, that's pretty steep though. The price of exclusivity I guess.

I am not complaining. It's just nice to see Aprilia getting some press.

Scooters and half-naked chicks are ok, but half-naked Motorcycles kick ass.

Any word on whether a plebian version is to follow?

·
Registered
135 Posts
The model in the test is a limited production handbuilt bike with top components, hence the high price. Dunno why Yossef didn't mention that in 2003, Aprilia is releasing a MUCH LESS expensive mass production Tuono based on the standard Mille.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, Fay Mayers in Denver has one of the special Falco Streetfighters. Pretty cool stuff -- lots of chrome. My wife really like it until she noticed no passenger pegs. So when we win the lottery we will have a Falco Streetfighter and a Futura in the garage.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Beautiful Italian lady. I also like the looks of the Falco R. Thank God for Ducati and Aprilia they add spice to the motorcycle world. Nice article Yossef especially
"Keep it pinned to 10K and the thing goes ballistic while the mountain walls reflect a mad drum and bass soundtrack punctuated by the occasional backfire on closed throttle into your helmet "
Oh Yes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have to agree with Gill Martin - everything but the paintjob has me drooling.

The paintjob has me gagging.

Aprilia following Honda?! Who'da thunkit?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mmmmmmmm, flaaaaat blaaaaack!

Perhaps a decade of inhaling Rust-Oleum fumes has finally done permanent damage, but flat black rules! If I can't have mile-deep bass boat metalflake, make mine flat black...

But. Pass on the Tuono, let me know when the Mana is in production with design tweaks based on website feedback, thakyouverymuch.

Mike C

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mmmmmm....Tuono. I want one of these things SOOOOOO bad.

But I lack the funds, and have heard that all of the Tuonos coming to the states have already been spoken for.

A lower cost, slightly less trick Tuono would appeal to me greatly if (when?) Aprilia builds it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Aprila again seems to have it's finger on the pulse of the motorcycling public...but can it get its hands on the wallets? Maybe?

How many people buy an inexpensive bike, and put enough extras on it that it's nearly as expensive as the Aprilia, yet have the same basic bike as thousands of other people.

Geez, Ohlins shocks are over $1000, carbon fiber bits...VERY expensive, custom seat...another $400 or so. It all adds up.

If I were in the market for a streetfighter, I'd seriously consider the Aprilia.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I love it. Too bad it's going to be such a rare piece. I think it's interesting that Aprilia acquired Laverda and shortly thereafter release a streetfighter that takes design cues directly form the old marque.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.