Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've got an Astral and RX7RR with this issue. They were purchased about 1 year apart. Late 2000 and Earyly 2002 I think. So I think more than just a "limited run" of helmets were affected. Just submitted the forms and will be shipping them out tomorrow.

The RX7RR is the older helmet (almost 5 years at this point) and it's sat on the shelf for the last year largely because of this missing piece. The Astral just lost this piece last weekend at while I was visiting Laguna for the MotoGP round. shoving it into a suitcase finally caused the piece which was notably loose for the last year to come completely off. Seems like an issue when the helmets hit roughly 4 years old the glue fails.

It's nice that Arai is addressing this issue but personally I'd rather they just send me the strip and glue. I suppose full return service is a nice thing but seems a little overkill and will take longer than a simple self installed fix!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.