Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
"Yamaha FJR1300. You scored 4 moxie, 8 zeal, and -3 pomp!"

Well, my current ride is a Hyosung GV250. That's a 250cc cruiser. For my next bike, I was planning on a Suzuki Burgman or Honda SilverWing. We shall see...

-gceaves

·
Registered
1 Posts
Harley 883 Sportster

You scored 0 moxie, 4 zeal, and 3 pomp!

You scored dead center average, lacking any of the personality quirks that normally drive people to motorcycling. However, if you do ride, statistics would suggest that you are destined for a Harley-Davidson, ... A far more reasonably priced taste of the Harley Kool-Aid is the 883 Sporty, ---->

which I have - dead accurate for this MOron!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Incidently, I notice that many MO posters above are reporting eerily similar "moxie", "zeal" and "pomp" scores.

From 1 to 10, MO posters seem to report "moxie" scores near the middle of the range (4 or 6), "zeal" scores near the high end (9 or 11) and "pomp" scores at the bottom (-1 or +1).

Does that say something about the typical MO poster? Is there a typical MO demographic? Are we all destined to ride Yamaha FJR1300s? Is that the most practical bike out there? Is that why it keeps winning MO shootouts?

-gceaves

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bull corn. A Sportster 833 because I don't cut people off lane split or have never had the chance to do some of the things they asked about. Well the second time I answered differently and scored as followed:

Ducati 996

You scored 8 moxie, 6 zeal, and 6 pomp!

You exhibit an over exuberance in all respects that cannot be satisfied. Your attitude and ego are over the top, yet you actually have the skills to match. Its infuriating. People would hate you, but you're too damned nice. You always ride like its your last day to live, and leave bystanders vaguely aroused.

Your bike is the Ducati 996. Sex on wheels.

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 93% on moxie

You scored higher than 53% on zeal

You scored higher than 98% on pomp

Tell the wife I'm going to the Ducati dealership tomorrow to fulfill what science has predicted. Couldn't have had it better (the second time that is)

·
Registered
92 Posts
883 Sporster? 83% Pomp?

Why am I looking at left over Triumph Sprint RS models? I'll bet the test forgot to factor in my bi-polar tendencies!

Hey, if it's good enough for Earth it's good enough for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yamaha FJR1300

You scored 3 moxie, 8 zeal, and 1 pomp!

Well, I guess my FZ1 isn't too far off that. Where does my DRZ fit in though>

·
Registered
31 Posts
600cc Sportbike

You scored 8 moxie, 4 zeal, and 3 pomp!

You are a squid. Your bike is a 600cc Japanese Sportbike. Take your pick, it really doesn't matter, since you're going to wad it.

You are the primary source of extra bits of fairing plastic on eBay.

When you're riding in the mountains, you have a hard time keeping up with that Olde Pharte on a Triumph Thruxton without blowing the centerline in the twisties and going WFO on every straight. (You're not a bad rider, but you're just not as good as you think you are.)

On a hot day, you're likely to be seen weaving through highway traffic at warp speed, wearing sneakers and a t-shirt blowing up your back.

The good news for you is that this is a temporary phase in your riding career. You will either (a) buzzsplat or (b) become more acutely conscious of your own mortality after a few minor but eye-openingly lucky crashes.

Take it to the track. You'll live longer.

My test tracked 3 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 91% on moxie

You scored higher than 27% on zeal

You scored higher than 77% on pomp

lmao not bad for a 38 year old that hasn't wrecked in over twenty years.........

·
Registered
208 Posts
I got the Guzzi V11, too:

"You scored higher than 9% on moxie

You scored higher than 70% on zeal

You scored higher than 0% on pomp

"You've ridden 'em all. You love riding, and you're at the peak of your game. You develop irrational love for unusual motorcycles, and the latest acquisition is a sweet Moto Guzzi.

"You are the most likely among the personality types to own a garage full of esoteric old bikes awaiting restoration. "

Too bad my bank account won't let me fill my garage with toys.

But I ride a V-Strom, so my "irrational love for unusual motorcycles" is confirmed....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Custom Cruiser

You scored 7 moxie, -6 zeal, and 11 pomp!

Style over substance. Attitude over skill. All talk, no walk.

You are the custom cruiser. Your primary riding skill is going in a straight line down the strip, drawing attention to yourself with your 150dB exhaust.

Oh, and getting in spittle-drenched red-faced shoving matches, 'cause you're a tough guy.

You scored higher than 71% on moxie

You scored higher than 0% on zeal

You scored higher than 99% on pomp

I ride a 600RR...

·
Registered
107 Posts
i failed they want me to ride a soft tail harley what about my viffer aghh the shame of not being cool enough just like jr high my folks will be disappointed

You scored higher than 24% on moxie

You scored higher than 3% on zeal

You scored higher than 8% on pomp

·
Registered
45 Posts
I also was told I should be on an FJR1300.....1 moxie, 11 zeal, and 1 pomp. I scored higher than 25% on moxie, higher than 98% on zeal, and 42% on pomp for my age and gender.....

For what it's worth, I'd never get an FJR because I'm not fond of having my lower legs burned off. But sport-touring bikes are definitely my bag baby!

JQ

61 - 80 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.