Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: a whole quarter pound of

coffee, tobacco, of alcohol, no just meth..

why don't the FEDS waste their time and arrest the guys in the pinstripe suits extorting, embezzling, frauding, and blatant theiving. or how about this idea, arrest the gun manufacturer's for making them so prevalent without consequence or accountability.....another example of absolute power corrupts................

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Hey wait a minute! I thought Harley riders were all doctors and lawyers just playing dress-up?

Help me out, kpaul go tell the H.A.'s what a bunch of grey ponytail ******* posers they are.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Good idea. Which other legal and highly regulated products would you like to arrest the manufacturers of next?

The most dangerous device you can buy legally is a motor vehicle. The most dangerous of those is a motorcycle. Better demand the arrest of the manufacturers of those products as well which are sold by the millions without any manufacturer responsibility for their use.

By the way.... are you involved in any manner with the production of a product that is misused and causes harm to others? I'm just making up a list.....

·
Registered
170 Posts

Yeah. Why persecute the Angels? What have they ever done?

I mean, sure the war between the Angels and the Rock Machine has resulted in 160 deaths - and a similar number of near misses - in Montreal in the last few years. But *really*, is this any reason for law enforcement to take interest in the activities of this motorcycle enthusiast's club?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Law/Bikers/2003/09/11/183203-cp.html

·
Registered
878 Posts

And how would your proposed arrest of gun manufacturers fail to be a case of "absolute power corrupts"? They are involved in the sale and manufacture of a completely legal product and have no control over how the gun is used once it leaves the factory. Furthermore the presence of lots of guns is beneficial, on net, to society, and was desired by the founders.

·
Registered
196 Posts

The HA make money selling drugs which are profitable because the government has made them illegal. Because of the extremely high profits, they find it worthwhile to have extremely destructive wars with other, rival drug distribution groups. But the root cause is that the government has created the niche market by manipulating the supply and demand scale for this product.

An example. Methamphetamines cost about $5 a pound to make, in terms of raw materials, not including startup costs for glassware. Methamphetamine sells for $2000 per ounce, because the supply is so low. That's $32,000 per pound. Versus $5 for raw materials, plus 12 hours of a skilled chemists time at $50 per hour, which would work out to $605 per pund under the free market. Drug companies typically charge 300 to 500% markup, which still works out to only $3000 per pound if available OTC. Which means that Meth currently runs about 10x standard market value, and you wonder why people are willing to kill for those kinds of profits?

And that's when you make it a pound at a time. A drug company mass producing could easily drop the price much much more.

If you respond with any sort of plea along the lines of "But it's addictive! Drugs are bad! Think of the children!" I will consider you to have not responded to my actual point.

-Kawazuki

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts

So, by this you mean that any company that produces anything that may cause harm or death to an individual should be shut down and prosecuted. Good plan. Lets start with baseball bat and golf club manufacturers, steak knife companies and 5 gallon buckets (because, you know a child COULD drown in a five gallon buckets...and we've got to Do It For The Children, right?)

Oh, and I own many firearms and I have never threatened anyone, had a confrontation in which a firearm was used or ever killed or assaulted anyone with a firearm.

Maybe you aren't stable enough to grasp that you must take responsibility for your own actions and can not blame others for your own ineptitude. Or maybe you just don't trust yourself enough that you can own a firearm without acting out repressed anger and thus project this mentality on your view of others. Maybe you need to see a good doctor in regards to some trust issues you might have with yourself. But don't restrict my rights to protect myself and my loved ones because you can not control yourself.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts

I would agree with you that "the guys in the pinstripe suits" have harmed more innocent people than drug dealers. It's too bad that your ridiculous statement about gun manufacturers obscures the salient point of your diatribe. VWW

·
Registered
144 Posts
Methamphetamine, firearms and explosives trafficking, extortion, and motorcycle theft are known to cause low blood sugar causing people to not really know what they are doing. This is just an

imbalance of blood sugar. With the proper diet and exercise these men and women would be just .....

oh lets just say..be like your average congressman.

·
Registered
164 Posts

I couldn't agree with your statement any more! I've never actually seen a gun walk up by it's self and shoot someone. Maybe I live in the wrong part of the country??

Ducati "Foggy" Monster Man

·
Registered
9 Posts
Re: let's try a different tack..so maybe

just maybe you can understand the point.

plain econonics dicstates this was a total waste of time; number of man hours, total personel invovled X labor cost. figure the math!!

next think about how tobacco companies engineered the cigs to be the most highly addicting thing on the earth; yes higher than sex, fast motorcycles and a few brews!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts

nobody was forcing them you say, just look at what the research says it does to brain chemistry then youll understand.

next; how many 10-15 year olds do you see riding gixxer thous, oh thats right none. check outside of the box and youll see 10 years old in brazil with hand guns, 11 year old africans with ak-47's. but gee selling arms hurts no one...wake up, the socio-economically advantaged have options....but hell just sell it to whoever, that is your point right?? how many of you can even clean a weapon???

·
Registered
9 Posts

taken a fire arms safety course...well i have and i was in the miltary for 4 years, sgt in the infantry so don't give me that line of sh*t that most people who have guns are trained properly... yes i will allow some of your point but just open your eyes to a slice of my perspective....just my lousy 2 cents...........

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.