Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe if they were treated like organized crime that they are (which has nothing to do with motorcycles) people would stop trying to be cool by imitating them.

I think riding is cool enough, regardless of the kind of motorcycle or whether one has tatoos of skulls or not.

·
Registered
771 Posts
These guys and the Vagos are both lower than whale sh!t. I just have no reason to defend any group that promotes the theft of motorcycles.

Avoided the whole police steped over the bounds discussion, but had to voice my opinion on the bike theft stuff.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm guessing they had to turn to crime just to keep up with the cost of maintaining all 2,400 bikes.

If they ride every day and 1 part falls off of every 10th bike,....sheeesh, thats 240 parts a day!

·
Registered
514 Posts
They stole 3 Harleys and a pickup truck? And acted like white trash, fighting and selling dope?

OMFG, call HomeLand SeKKKurity quick!

Yet another fine example of our overpaid and over-equipped "law enforcement" making a REALLY BIG DEAL out of petty crime.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Ah, another high-profile shining moment for the ATF. Why would the ATF be involved in this? Why is there a "Bureau" for legal stuff? Is the ATF an arm of the IRS? It took them 3 years to investigate and react to these things??? I'm pretty sure Barney Fife would have reacted sooner than that. I thought the cops dealt with thefts, assaults and illegal drugs... They all ride Harleys (the gang guys)? AND???...

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Sheriff Andy.. where's my bullet?

It took this long because with all those pockets in their fancy black tactical gear it took three years for them to go through all those pockets find their bullet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The ATF is a branch of Federal Law Enforcement that operates under the Department of the Treasury, whereas the FBI operates under the Department of Justice. They have exactly the same nationwide law enforcement authority as duly sworn federal agencies. The ATF lately has generally done the "biker gang" investigations of late because they have more experience in that particular field, (see William Queen's yawnfest "Under and Alone") as well as often find large numbers of what they claim to be stolen firearms during such investigations.

Federal Law Enforcement is used in cases such as these because many of the more serious alleged charges fall under Federal Law, known as United States Code or the USC. This would include the racketeering, kidnapping, and witness tampering charges. However, you are correct in asserting that the local "cops" would handle the theft and other more minor charges.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.