Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Comparisons, comparisons, comparison: apples & oranges, widows & walls, attics & rooms, acid or shrooms, who cares? All I know is, I once saw Rossi screw-up & end-up somewhere south of 10th place, then proceed to passes everything in sight. He didn't win, but he ended up on the podium, and it looked like he would have run over his grandmother, your grandmother, my grandmother, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, to get there. God knows a Cambodian tribesman couldn't have made a pair of sandals, out of what was left of the rubber on his tires, but when it was over, Rossi damn-near won the thing.

Don't know much about History, but I do know talent, hard work and dedication; and, Rossi has a Swiss, numbered account, filled with enough of all three, that he could have bank-rolled the Renaissance.

Is having all that talent given to one man annoying? You bet! When the "Gene Fairy" wrapped up my DNA, the box was marked "No Big Deal...Don't bother to forward." Rossi? He got mine, yours’ and just about everybody else's talent. Hate the bugger? At one time, I'd have wanted him dead. But with years, come wisdom, therapy, medication and stalking laws. Now I just sit back and enjoy watching him; knowing that, on any given Sunday, I might just see History being made.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Re: My 2/100ths of a dollar

The way I see it, according some guys, unless Rossi turns water into wine, makes the blind to see or figures out a way to get geeks like us laid (probably the hardest stunt of all) he's always gonna be an also-ran. Okay, fine, so nobody around here want s to grade on a curve, I can deal with that. But considering the guy, essentially, jumped off Secretariate, crossed the paddock, climbed up on Old Paint then proceeded to make a monkeys out of the Big Red Riders, I'd be willing to give him his own Marvel Comic, or at least the next best thing, a place on the "All Time Greats" podium. All I can say is, thank God none of you guys taught at my high school, or I'd still be in detention.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Rossi vs. Whoever, Whenever (Whatever!)

Golly, from reading some of the comments, about Valentino Ross winning the MotoGp championship, a guy might think Rossi was just another Schmo. It’s all, "Until he does this, or…Until he does that, or…If so and so were still riding, or…Unless he makes the podium on a 1965-Schwinn-3speed-bicycle, he ain’t crap!" Wow! What’s a guy gotta do, to get some respect around here? I mean, all Rossi did was climb off a champion, onto an also-ran, then he proceeded to beat his former team, like a rented mule.

Sure, Rossi hasn’t turned water into wine, or walked on water. But, somebody took that factory-ride a while ago, and the seat ain’t been open since. Beside, if I remember right, the Podium Ceremony was real messy (those folks in Jerusalem are a tough crowed).

Blasphemy aside, I’ve been hearing: Jordon vs. Johnson…Brown vs. Sanders…Tiger vs. Nicholas…Ali vs. Louis, and Superman vs. Mighty Mouse for as long as I can remember. And, guess what? Just like, "How far is up?" and "What is the sound of one-hand-clapping?" there is no answer; unless, of course, you happen to attain Enlightenment; which, in that case, you probably won’t be hanging-out here, anymore. Ohm……….

1 - 3 of 3 Posts