Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
If I follow his map correctly it looks as if he's stopping just short of the Darien Gap. I'd love to see him go for that, just because it's something I've dreamed about for years. Good luck Ted!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I really hope he makes it. Years ago I heard that traveling through Central America was dangerous due to wayside bandits. At that time not all of the Pan American Highway was paved through there. I personally wouldn't even ride through Mexico, but I guess I am chicken. Mexico has the second highest level of kidnappings for ransom in the world after Colombia. I suggest getting an arrangement with a "Coyote" to post bail for you in Mexico, and make friends with the Federales. Too bad you can't carry a full auto Uzi with you.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Looks like a way cool bike. Too bad that the powers that be here in Kalifornia have made the possibility of rolling your own street legal off road bike verboten. VWW

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just back from a trip to panama about 6 months ago. Started in Napa, CA on my 1975 R75/6 the frist part of november; rode to panama; rode back through Central America and mexico; through Texas and the east coast into canada; over to Nova Scotia; and back acroos the US. On the last day of my trip I was rearended by a guy on I-80, bike was totatled and I slid into the salt flats on the Utah Nevada border.

all told 7 months 21,000 miles and one busted bike.

Traveling by motorcycle is just more fun!!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Re:

no s h i t aren't you the smart one? I always thought I needed someone with me to do anything. Guess I can start wiping my own a$$ now, thanks for your insite. you must be a scientist or something.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.