Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Yamaha as an automatic sport touring bike, but it's not for beginners. You can check out Ridley motorcycles, they have an entire line of automatic bikes from cruisers to choppers. And, I believe the Chinese company UM has an automatic 250 sportbike that might be a good starter bike.

Please ignore Zawa. He's been hinking dreavily all day.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
It's not that hard to learn how to shift a bike, Ms. Rudolph. Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course and you'll get a good introduction.
She's right. Besides, everybody will laugh at you behind your back if you're not handicapped and you choose an automatic bike. Maybe Zawa is right too: get a scooter if you really want an automatic.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
She's right. Besides, everybody will laugh at you behind your back if you're not handicapped and you choose an automatic bike. Maybe Zawa is right too: get a scooter if you really want an automatic.
Danged cycle snobs. Scooters are a hoot. I 'borrow' my wife's and daughter's scooters all the time. You can probably hear the insane laughter when I do.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Aprilia makes the Mana 850, which is an automatic if you want it to be, but it is highly unlikely you'd buy that for your first bike. The answer is just to learn to shift gears, which is part of the MSF course. And shifting a bike is much more fun anyway!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.