Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Actually, how many of us could afford a motorcycle on what this woman earns a year? I use mine for daily transportation to save money on fuel, and as a "bonus" - consume less energy resources. But what percentage on this BB do the same? Not that I'm knockin' you if you don't - but the majority of the U.S. sees motos as "toys".

We should be lauded by the Eco-Nazis as fellow Planet-Savers, but they detest us worse than they do the SUV-drivers (which is only natural - as the worst of these hypocrites are "Jet Setting" from one SUV to another, then to their 6900 sq.ft. home that costs a Mint to keep temp-controlled year 'round).

This woman views a motorcycle as a tool and labour-saving device. Imagine the benefit she would reap from something as small as a CL100 or even a Honda Cub? But then, she would probably be Murdered for it, like her Husband.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, how many of us could afford a motorcycle on what this woman earns a year? I use mine for daily transportation to save money on fuel, and as a "bonus" - consume less energy resources. But what percentage on this BB do the same? Not that I'm knockin' you if you don't - but the majority of the U.S. sees motos as "toys".

We should be lauded by the Eco-Nazis as fellow Planet-Savers, but they detest us worse than they do the SUV-drivers (which is only natural - as the worst of these hypocrites are "Jet Setting" from one SUV to another, then to their 6900 sq.ft. home that costs a Mint to keep temp-controlled year 'round).

This woman views a motorcycle as a tool and labour-saving device. Imagine the benefit she would reap from something as small as a CL100 or even a Honda Cub? But then, she would probably be Murdered for it, like her Husband.
I had to laugh and laugh the last time we went down to Moab. They have guest registers at the National Parks and these registers are full of wacky commentary from easterners (especially from Florida)... "ban motorcycles and ATVs", etc. etc. We see large numbers of these people in their gas guzzling V6 Monteros and 4Runners with their bicycles on top heading into the Slick Rock. Moab has become such a popular destination for the granola crowd that you'd think you were in San Fransisco. They even have head shops.

BTW, the bicycles have to be severely restricted because they do vast damage to the sandstone rock because they drag their rear wheels down the steep surfaces. When motorcycles and ATVs were allowed on the rock years ago they did little damage because with REAL suspensions they didn't have to skid down the rock. Eco-Morons think they are enviro-friendly on those mountain bikes. WRONG!

Many of them learn also that "slick rock" refers to the horses' steel hooves. The rock is actually like sandpaper as bicyclists learn to their sorrow when they dump. Don't wear shorts. Come in the spring or fall when it isn't 110+ degrees.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
""ban motorcycles and ATVs", etc. etc. We see large numbers of these people in their gas guzzling V6 Monteros and 4Runners with their bicycles on top heading into the Slick Rock. Moab..."

Do they have that 'No War for Oil' bumper sticker like Sarnali has on his??? :)

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes.

""ban motorcycles and ATVs", etc. etc. We see large numbers of these people in their gas guzzling V6 Monteros and 4Runners with their bicycles on top heading into the Slick Rock. Moab..."

They don't seem to see the irony in driving around in V6 SUVs with anti oil company signs on their cars.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
**** off, that's only on the Range Rover...I have a "Four More Wars" sticker on the Explorer....

The funniest one I saw was a letter to the Tacoma News Tribune the other day about plug in electric vehicles and how this ginch wanted the city to convert to all rechargable electric cars, trucks and buses. These are the same idjits that want to tear down hydro-electric dams on the Columbia and ban coal burning generating plants, of course Nuclear Generating plants are out of the question.....

I guess we'll just stick solar panels on the roof eh?...

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
So this guy is in your house and he says "hey, I think I smell smoke. It's pretty strong!" And you say: "There you go AGAIN. Always talking about that stupid smoke. You damn liberals...we're just going to ignore you and stay right here on the couch watching teevee. Nothing to see here, just move along, everything is fine, go away, you're blocking the teevee."

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So this guy is in your house and he says "hey, I think I smell smoke. It's pretty strong!" And you say: "There you go AGAIN. Always talking about that stupid smoke. You damn liberals...we're just going to ignore you and stay right here on the couch watching teevee. Nothing to see here, just move along, everything is fine, go away, you're blocking the teevee."
It's 5PM in Florida already?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Hey, maybe they can use a motorized bicycle...I've got a few around here somewhere...

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Hey, my wife got 18 around town and 24 on the hwy in her 4runner. I replaced it with an "ultra low emissions vehicle" that's getting 15 around town and that is during break-in.....no hammer down mode. We'll see how the Honda Pilot does now that it has the 600 mile go ahead and drive it clause.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, my wife got 18 around town and 24 on the hwy in her 4runner. I replaced it with an "ultra low emissions vehicle" that's getting 15 around town and that is during break-in.....no hammer down mode. We'll see how the Honda Pilot does now that it has the 600 mile go ahead and drive it clause.
My friend gets 20 max on the highway because the carrying capacity is so bad that he has to tie crap on the roof rack. And the fuel tank is so small that he has to carry a couple of 5 gal gas cans when we go into the desert. To top it off the rear latch froze last year and there is no manual release so he had to load it through the back doors. No. 4Runners don't impress me at all. Especially since it seems to go into the shop fairly regularly to fix the various fancy gadgets that fail.

But I'm sure they are fine for the usual poosies who are terrified of getting their tires dirty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.