Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I've "read" the article now. Excellent work. Quality photography, serious riding to get there and back and lots of very silly bikes. Tell me, why do you Yanks put on a "mean dude" face when being photographed with lots of girls? Wouldn't a silly big grin be more appropriate?

PS That's 2nd post to my own 1st post! I need to get a life.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
At least they weren't riding in the rain. Are you going to get that periscope you've been needing lately? Maybe you should trade your Trophy for a Jet-Ski.

BTW, my old rear D205 is about done for. Guess I'll try one of those AV46s you've been raving about. If it doesn't work out I'm going to hold you responsible

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Periscope is right. We got all our winter rain in about three weeks. I actually (gack) drove to work most of the time.

If the tire fails for any reason what-so-ever You have my personal iron-clad lock box gaurantee that I'll feel really really bad about it.

You can take that to the bank!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Young Pete, envy is not just a deadly sin, it is an ugly...ugly...ugly trait that can breed some damned funny quips. Well done young jedi.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I gotta get me one of dem dere...

three-plus-one-rumble-seat tractor mowing racer things! I can cart around my three most esteemed MOtojournalist pals -- SeanAlexander, EBass and dear, demented friend JohnnyB -- and the open-air seating provides enough headroom for the massive egos...

--Jade

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: I gotta get me one of dem dere...

I believe this is where the three of us collectively shout the "B-word" at you.

-Dirty

·
Registered
334 Posts
Today's spam joke

A man appears before St. Peter at the pearly gates.

"Have you ever done anything of particular merit?" St. Peter asks.

"Well, I can think of one thing," the man offers.

"Once, on a trip to the Black Hills, out in South Dakota, I came upon a

gang of bikers who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to

leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen. So I approached the largest

and most heavily tattooed biker. I smacked him on the head, kicked his

bike over, ripped out his nose ring and threw it on the ground, and

told

him, 'Leave her alone now or you'll answer to me.'

St. Peter was impressed. "When did this happen?"

"Just a couple of minutes ago."

·
Registered
27 Posts
Loved it as I usually do... have been a bagger fan since in high school.... nothing like locking off the throttle, kicking back into the saddle, restin' my arms and feeling the wind in my teeth - when I don't have the windscreen. And the stereo kicks ass - so far better than the RT's, although I have only ridden 100 miles on that girl so far.

I DO think I would never buy into that particular fairing however, because of the wind management... hard into your lower legs and then UP into my helmet and nostils. I AM interetsted in knowing if the Ultra has the same issue w/ that lower fairing... but in the end I think I'll wind up w/ a road king variant where I can easily remove the windscreen for local trolling and sub-1000 mile rides [insert bugs in teeth here] . The convertible gear is awesome for long-distance traveling riders.

:)

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
The fairing lowers on the Ultra make a huge difference. I like the new lowers on the 05 models that have the little doors that swing open to allow more air in.

I take mine off in the summer months.

I thought about the Road King before I bought the Ultra. I like the option of taking the windshield off. Iwanted the tunes though!

·
Registered
148 Posts
We Are All Individuals...

The 4th photo,.showing a line of choppers identical except for the paint color and lined up with regimental precision, sums up the "custom chopper" fad for me. Say it with me; "we are all individuals (we just happen to dress, speak and act identically)."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.