Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I agree, but...

Now, sure SUV's use exorbant amounts of gas. And this much gas would not have to be used to get from point A to point B in a more efficient vehicle. What about when we drive our "efficient" motorcycles around and we don't even have a destination? How many people do you think spend hours in that big pig of a vehicle just driving around because they enjoy it? We all are guilty of being gluttonous to some extent. As someone that loves motorcycling, smowmobiling, boating, and just about any other motor sport, I admit, I am a glutton. But hey, think about it.... burning gas = fun. (by the way, my car is a four cylinder Camry)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

Hey J.B., are '71 Chevelles with 454s in them gluttonous? I mean, they don't even have catalytic converters. Probably get the same or worse milage than SUV's. Hee Hee Hee. Believe me, I definitely do not think we should go destroy all of these beautiful old cars. I also really hope you didn't get rid of it because you thought it was too much of a gas hog.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Re: SUV drivers ARE idiots!

Poser, I really like some of the things you say, and agree with them. Here's the BUT: all of those positive, low impact things about motorcycles, lets be honest, that it not why we ride. That is a very positive side effect. We ride because we love the freedom a motorcycle gives us. Forgive me if I am using "WE" to liberally, but I bet "we" would still be riding them even if they were as hard on resources as SUV's (aside from the fact I would never pay 40k +) Lets not forget, they are (by in large) recreational vehicles. Otherwise.....right on.

happy riding - Andy

·
Registered
216 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

Burnsie, in light of this being a slightly under-rated topic of conversation in some people's eyes (I found it very interesting. The variety of different opinions is quite enlightening.), I'm curious how the number of posts for this article stacks up against the number for other articles. Seems like alot of people who didn't enjoy one tiny little article spent alot of time replying to it. Just an observation.

-Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.