Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

Did everyone forget that Bush and Cheney are OIL MEN? How better to line your own pocket than make up the rules. Also the whole Afganistan thang is due to the UNICAL pipeline that we want to run through down to the indian ocean in Pakistan. Funny how Pakistan, someone we werent too friendly with suddonly became our biggest fan when this all went down. Clinton had funded the Taliban back in the 90's with the thinking that some form of control was better than none and the pipeline project could go forward. Granted that was an obvious mistake in hindsight.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts

Riding my bicycle around as I love to do is more dangerous than my motorcycle. Here the SUV thing really rings true. Ever tried to set the example on a two lane road with two SUV's, one coming at you and one going with? Gotta love that wind created as the mirror misses your head by about 2 inches... Also if your riding BART (San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit, subway if you will) they wont allow bikes on during rush hour. When I rode to work I had to be on the train before 6:30am and couldnt get back on till after 6pm. Nothing like getting to work an hour early and having to wait another hour before you can go home. This country doesnt make it easy for you to do the right thing, hell there isnt enough money in it...

·
Registered
2,801 Posts

I quit voting for the simple reason that to get elected you have to compremise about something. You also have to kiss major ass and get major funding. If someones pocketbook isnt your priority you gets no funding. Then once an honest man or woman gets elected there is nothing like that special interest cash to change your mind. I'd love to feel good about voting, the same as I would love to get behind a religion but as its all controlled by man, man lies and looks out for his own.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts

Let me clarify my SUV distaste. Basically I only hate the large two Fords. Since they are new and most people are brand loyal nobody in the ford camp is used to driving something this large. I see excursions and expeditions going from reflector to reflector. Yet I see suburbans pretty much driving straight. Though I believe that is due to the suburban being around for 50 years and repeat buyers. So they are used to driving a bus. As for Midsized SUV's I dont have a problem. My now ex-jeep cherokee was actually smaller than my 95 Nissan 240sx. Blew my mind that parking it, it was 4 inches shorter than the 240 and a couple inches narrower. With all the glass the Jeep had many less blind spots than any other car I have driven. Last night the jeep was traded in for a 4runner which has a little less visability but a hell of a lot better than the RSX I drove too. I would be more apt to flatten someone in an RSX than the 4Runner. I have yet to see an excursion go straight though, and something that huge weaving is down right frightning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.