1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

OK, back to the facts:

* US less than 10% of world population

* US uses up more than 25% of Worlds energy

We can ALL do something HERE to make resources last a little longer.

Burns was just giving us a hint of why the rest of the world may not like us: we are GLUTONOUS, more so than the rest of the world.

Smell the coffee.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Silly answer. "We can afford it" would imply that we are entitled to take resources away from the rest of our fellow human beings. What makes us better than the rest? What gives us the right to abuse our power?

Mind your brothers.

·
Registered
159 Posts

Aren't you disgressing? Yes, the US have provided "help" to nations around the world. I am positive that you are not naive enough to think that the US did it out good heart and good will. If there's one thing we're good at is making a profit and looking after our interests. Nothing is free and we are good investors.

I don't think JB was trying to point out how great european countries are, he just used them as an example of how bad WE are in terms of our "highway etiquette". In my own experience not only european contries are better than us at this, but most other nations I've driven at (South America, Western Europe, Asia, etc).

Now, on the government issue I am entirely with you. We the people have control over who governs and how we do it. If you don't like it change it, we have that oportunity.

·
Registered
159 Posts

I don't think JB is pledging to legislate and ban SUVs off the roads, he's just simply saying that a lot a people buy and USE stuff they don't really need and that waste is affecting all of us. Lighten up nobody's freedom is being attacked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.