Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

Whoa, this is too cool. Work at MOTORCYCLIST long enough, and you'll start to agree with the general publci about motorcylists, ie, they're all idiots. I'm feeling exactly the opposite right now; I haven't been called an ******* once in this discussion, yet.

Somebody said, "their bread is buttered with our oil money." That's true, but their bread is nasty ***** and I doubt they get much butter, and probably then only camel.

Somebody said, "their parents raise them to hate us." Wonder why? Could it be, ohh, I dunno, we shat on their parents too?

Couple of people said I used tired old environmentalist arguments. Er, where?

Somebody said I'm way out of my league tackling these issues. I agree, but at least, unlike our Chief Executive, I understand somewhat from where the hatred emanates. I'm having ****tails now, relaxing, watching the babies jump on the trampoline. You people are fantastic.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

I like Don Canet's idea best: MTV SPRING BREAK KABUL!! wherein we drop in a bunch of bikini girls, Bud Lites and barbecued pork.

Hoooo, this is fun, like playing that game where you whisper something into one person's ear, by the time it comes back around, I'm in there with Fidel Castro. Hooo har...

Why is being Anti-Gluttony seen by so many of you as being anti-the-American-way? How anybody can construe being against waste with being anti-American really escapes me. Must be years of lumping environmentalism (Teddy Roosevelt was a big environmentalist) in with Left-Wing Radicalism I suppose. Who's responsible for that anyway?

I do respect your right to drive an Expedition, all I said was I think it's inconsiderate and wasteful to drive one on crowded freeways when you're alone, followed up by my (not uncommon) observation that a big reason we're not so well-like abroad is because of our, ah, inconsiderate wastefulness. It used to be a sin. That's all. jb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.