Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

Some counter points:

1. We would never be involved in the Middle East if it wasn't for oil. Do you seeing us getting involved in South America lately.

2. The Israeli-Palestinian complicates things and pisses off Arabs not our excesses (which include buying lots of their oil).

3. If you can afford to buy and run an SUV go for it but don't complain when US youth has to go fight wars over it. Its a free country but buying gas hog SUVs doesn't help our country.

4. Its OK to buy an over 100 hp bike cause it still gets over 34 mpg.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

Great comments. I agree Burns is a breath of fresh air in a forum usually filled with "my bike rules"

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Not bad, 3 out of 4. Point taken :)

Thanks I forgot that Venezuela is big producer of oil. Good point. On the SUV thing I was on the SUV fad early (1993) and then I realized how impratical, ugly, ill handling and expensive they are. You are right about Tractor trailer although my run ins on bikes have not included truckers yet and they usually give me a break and let me in. So I conves some of my ranting is due to SUV driver attitudes torwards bikers And I am also worried that gas/electric hybrid SUVs coming will only make SUVs more popular but hey maybe people will tire with em and pick some else next.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Seattle Traffic

When the traffic is not backed up for miles with rows of SUVs going 5 mph I agree with you. Do they need to build roads here or what. I moved here to Seattle from Colorado and almost got killed once coming back from Alpental because I flashed my brights at a driver of a SUV (common practice in Colorado on I-70) in the left most lane going real slow. I hoped he would move over courteously as do most folks in Colorado.

But no He and his girl friend flipped me off and slowed down. When I passed him on the right he dangerously tail gated me all the way to North Bend. I pulled over ready for some confrontation but he keep going. I latter passed him again on the right side. It a sickness in Western Washington and I just go ahead and pass on the right side Good comments I'll be the guy behind you on the bright yellow Ninja ZX-6R.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts