Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

One of the truly wunnerful things about America is that we're free to buy what we want. Sure, we consume more resources in relation to our relatively skimpy population, but MyGawd man, we're also the world's biggest economy, bar none. Think of all the goods n'services we supply to the rest of the world.

JB. luv ya' man, and I welcome the opportunity to read the "other side" of the capitalist equation. However, I get extremely bent when others try and tell me what I "need". If somebody wants a big pig SUV, and they have the means to afford it, then God Bless America. If we get caught up in imposing our belief structure on others, how long before Big Brother tells us we don't need no stinkin' motorcycles?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: SUV drivers ARE idiots!

Poser, you've been swayed by the hate-filled wacko, eco, leftists who make their arguments based on envy. You want to associate one's behavior based on how many of the earth's precious resources get used up in the process. It ain't about resources!

It's about freedom, and the right to buy what you want. You SUV-haters really make me laugh. What do you think most cagers say about bikers? They lump us all into one camp that paints us as a bunch of irresponsible, unsafe hooligans that threaten everyone else on the road with our shenanigans.

The only thing that allows us to continue to ride is the unabashed freedom that this country enjoys. Say what you want about SUVer's (I happen to have one), that's your right. But I'm amazed at the hate the left has managed to instill in you. America is about freedom, and the right to choose the product that best serves our NEED or WANT. Practicality be damned! And don't be so quick to condemn SUVer's either, since I see the same careless, inconsiderate behavior from most drivers these days - whether they're in a car or an SUV.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: Burns:: Friday Fanaticism

Hey Burns, if we're going to draw judgement based on the Anti-Gluttony factor(AGF), then we'd better get the AGF police force formed quickly. Then we can ensure that each type of transportation, each appliance in our home, any type of behavior exhibited - is properly judged and labeled. We could have a special AGF scale stuck to our foreheads much the same way a new Washing Machine has it's energy consumption label affixed to it's front panel. Then we could all judge each other as we amble down the road.

It's the proverbial slippery-slope. You can judge me any which-way you desire, that's your right, and really your responsibility too. You can call me a glutton if you like, but I see too many on the LEFT who want to tax me more because I engage in a behavior in which they don't approve. That's anti-American, and anti-freedom. Don't laugh, there's a nutball congresswoman here in Ca. who wants to tax soda because it's "responsible for obesity". Where does the lunacy end?

Point is, it's none of your damn business what I drive, or WHY I drive it. If you don't like my choice, I have no issue with that. But institutionalizing hate based on what one drives is what's really irking me right now. Can you tell?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.