1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST POST!

Woo-Hoo!

I'd better get back to work...

WTF "remanence"? M-W defines it as "the magnetic induction remaining in a magnetized substance no longer under external magnetic influence".

BTW, Tull (with Anderson, Barry and Perry) will be in concert in Dubai tomorrow! So, if you happen to be in the area, go see them!

http://www.jethrotull.com/

Happy Chinese New Year!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Frankly I'm sick of this crap. All of these Against Drunk Driving people are gettin' on my nerves.

We've reached the point where selling drugs will get you less time than drinkin' 1 beer before you head out to walmart.

Spare your harrowing emotional tales about so-and-so who was killed by a drunk driver. Plenty of people are killed by stupid drivers everday and I don't hear anyone forming groups to protest them.

I'd rather ride behind a half drunk in an SUV than a pissed off dad in a mini-van anyday... or a woman driving... well... anything.

We've reached the point of ridiculous with DUI. As MADD, and BADD, and SADD, and DADD or whatever other alphabet group demands lower and lower blood achohol concentration levels in our laws, the laws themselves become more and more pointless.

And of course, these groups will continue to lobby for lower levels, because... duh... that's how they get new members. That's why they exist.

So you're sister-mom-dad-brother-son-daughter was killed by a drunk driver? I'm sorry. I really am. Time for some perspective though people. Do we know that it was the alchohol that made that driver do something stupid? I don't think we do. After all, perfectly sober people do stupid things all the time!

Should it be illegal? Yes. But killing someone with your car while drunk, shouldn't be any different than killing someone in your car while sober.

Stupidity and carelessness are just as bad as drunkeness.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You should join DAMM.... Drunks Against Mad Mothers. They meet every week or at least they try. The problem is that they usually can't drive from the strip club to the DAMM meeting hall without getting arrested, lost or passing out.

The President of DAMM, Nick Nolte, or the Secretary, Courtney Love, or the CEO, Jack Nicholson, can get you a membership application.... provided that they can find the car keys....

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Drunk Drivers For Dummies

Fact: "under the influence of alchohol" has no scientific meaning, nor evidence to back up the claim. Blood Alchohol Consentration is a sham. While .47 will kill most people, there are plenty of folks out there who can have .50 and show no visible signs of being drunk at all.

Spend some time in a VET Hospital. You'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Of course. Voice an unpopular opinion... therefore I must be a drunk.

I don't support the war on drugs... so I must also be a crackhead... I don't support the War on Poverty.. so I must be a greedy rich jerk...

Next up... I don't support the war on "terrorism" so I must therefore be a peacenik hippy liberal.

It's all crap.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

So all vets are raging alcholics now?

The legal limit in Washington is .08, which for me is about 4 beers. I know from experiance I'm not comfortable driving after I drink four beers.

This is a stupid discussion anyway, drunk drivers kill and injure people everyday, if you want to get drunk don't drive. How hard is that to figure out?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
C'mon dude, my tongue was implanted firmly in my cheek as you should know by now.

Us crackeaded, rich, greedy, jerk, peacenik, hippy liberal DAMM members got to stick together.

Actually I agree with you. I know people who can drive better at .1 than the army of octagenarians that congregate at the local temple. You should see my neighbor who drives to the market down a 50mph road at 25mph in the left lane. But since he's "sober" (God only knows how many medications he's taking) we aren't supposed to care. I'm more worried about the insane levels of SSRI's and various painkillers and other crap that people are taking these daze. That guy next to you might be half-crocked on Ambien and if he causes a wreck no one will ever be the wiser.

For that matter there's a chick who used to work here who was on so many different prescribed controlled substances that when she ran out a couple of days early each month she went into withdrawals. Her behavior each day was indistinguishable from a smack junkie. She can legally drive though. Maybe she was getting Social Security checks too... they support junkies.

I used to do news research and discovered that the vast majority of serious accidents are caused by drunks who are way way over .1% and almost always already have their licenses revoked.

But, no problem. All we gotta care about are those dastardly jerks who are slightly over the legal limit of .08. They aren't drunk and they don't cause wrecks... but they are evil, right? Plus they pay those big fines.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

These whining meemies are the same loonies who've created an atmosphere where parents are in danger of having their children taken by the State if the kids show up to school with a bandaid on their arm.

You may be interested in knowing that when the safety nazis bulled through their stupid pet .08% limit in Utah it was opposed by, guess who?..... Law Enforcement!! They didn't want to be bothered having to deal with people who aren't drunk.

So, while the cops are hauling Joe off who is at .081%, Bill goes tearing by at .22%.

·
Registered
579 Posts

I didn't say anything about "all vets". I said you could see some serious examples of alchohol tolerence at the Vet Hospitals, and you can. My wife has seen guys walkin' around with concentrations well over .50.

If you can't read the "Sherry Enema" story you know that .47 killed that fella.. and by the way is that a darwin award in the makin' or what?

But I digress...

The discussion Sarnali is not whether drinking and driving is right or wrong... or even if drunks cause accidents.

The discussion is about the enforcement of the laws, and the specifics of the laws, and the fact that they have gotten out of hand.

DUI is now being used as a source of income for many states (Tennessee for example) and they therefore benefit by these assinine limits.

We're in the process of building a police state. But that's ok... Because its for the children!

This is what I hate about America... Everytime somebody gets killed we have to pass a law to stop it.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts

And I bet it was drunks who cracked all those Goldwing frames too.

·
Registered
466 Posts
drunks I can deal with ...

I'm waiting for some group against those "charity" vendors who loiter around intersections and run up to your car when you're waiting at the red light. Years ago there were only the Kiwanas and VFW but now there's a new bunch every weekend, looking like they just got off their night shift operating carnival rides, and it's usually not clear what (if any) charity they represent.

·
Registered
579 Posts

Dude... What on earth would make you think I'd be seen at a gym? Ya think I'm some kind limpwristed nancyboy who gets his jollies watching other guys work out?

I believe that position is already filled around here.

Right Kpaul?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.